Nothing lasts forever

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

Dana Sheets

Nothing lasts forever

Post by Dana Sheets »

I want to thank everyone who contributes to and reads this forum both online and offline.

I have, for the most part, written about things in training and in life that have interested me and throughouly enjoyed reading and about and discussing the things in training and in life that have interested others. Through these discussions I have deepend my understanding of my own training, opened my mind wider to all the wonderfully different ways people train, and met (both in person and virtually) lots of very wonderful people.

That being said, I have no plans of going anywhere.

So, George -- as long as you invite me to moderate this forum I'll continue to do so and thank you warmly for the opportunity.

happy training everyone,
Dana
Did you show compassion today?
gmattson
Site Admin

Dana...

Post by gmattson »

You will always have a home here. We may be "remodeling" from time to time, but the foundation is strong and the basic design is sound.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Dana's presence on the Forums will always be endorsed by yours truly. There's nobody quite like her, and she is a class act.

- Bill
jorvik

Post by jorvik »

Have I missed something :? :? .Dana you sound like you are saying Goodbye, and then say you are not leaving :?
Dana Sheets

Post by Dana Sheets »

impermanence...

Hey jorvick - I just got to thinking that I hadn't properly thanked everyone. And sometimes, if I don't do it ahead of time I find myself regretting that I missed the opportunity.

happy training,
Dana
Last edited by Dana Sheets on Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jorvik

Post by jorvik »

good glad to hear it :D .it is funny talking on forums because we have an impression of what folks are like which is probably way off what they are like :) this was brougt home to me when I saw a photo of some guys from a knife forum that I used to be part of.what a gang of pot-herbs :lol: :lol: .....they were like steam engine enthusiasts , all oily overalls and flat caps.not a clean shaven one amongst them :lol: ......................but as you say time is short, remember allen moulton, one of the first folks I spoke to on this forum "Deep-Sea" :cry: ...so take care yourself Dana :wink: .and good training 8)
2Green

Post by 2Green »

Hey Dana (hug)

You're awesome, your insights into the MA/Uechi world transcend the womens' view by a wide margin, you challenge all of us to debate your topics, and we're better for it.

More, please!

~N~
The music spoke to me. I felt compelled to answer.
jorvik

Post by jorvik »

Group hug :D
2Green

Post by 2Green »

I dunno Jorv, are you all sweaty and gross from all that boxing and stuff?

:)

~N~
Dana Sheets

Post by Dana Sheets »

Ya'll just awesome. Silly lack of commercial teleportation, I mean honestly - don't those scientists knows that people all around the world need to meet each other and buy each other drinks?

:D
cxt

Post by cxt »

Dana

You had me really worried for a minute there. :)

I also realize that I have not taken the time to thank YOU for your efforts and contributions.

So, "thanks" :)

I greatly appreciate your time, efforts, information and viewpoints.
Forget #6, you are now serving nonsense.

HH
RACastanet

Post by RACastanet »

:) :D
Member of the world's premier gun club, the USMC!
2Green

Post by 2Green »

See, Dana? -- We love you!

Happy Valentine's too, BTW: Hope you got a bunch!
You may be a rockin' Uechi Girl, (no doubt in my mind), but hey, it's Valentines' Day, ok?

~N~
Dana Sheets

Post by Dana Sheets »

Hey cxt and Rich, thanks.

And Neil - I did have a very, very nice valentines day - and I hope you did too!
A dozen roses are sitting in front of me right now. Gigantic yellow blossoms tipped with red. :D I believe they are known as Love 'n Peace roses.

-Dana

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”