A Must-see Movie

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

Dana Sheets

A Must-see Movie

Post by Dana Sheets »

That may come to the silver screen near you this summer:
The Foot Fist Way March 02, 2007
Directed by: Jody Hill
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/features/ ... d=10006472
Synopsis: The Foot Fist Way is the literal translation of Tae Kwon Do, the greatest of all martial arts according to Mr. Simmons, a small-town Tae Kwon Do instructor. He relishes the power that comes from being the king of a small kingdom, but the discovery that his wife, Suzie, has cheated on him hits the man in control hard. It launches him on a downward spiral, causing him to abuse his loyal students and make a fool of himself. He escapes his personal feelings by going on a pilgrimage with his murderous buddy Mike and two of his students to visit his hero, Chuck "The Truck" Wallace. Along the way, dreams are realized and squashed, and Mr. Simmons must face the greatest challenge of his life. Director Jody Hill stays loyal to the place and people he portrays. He looks at martial arts as they exist in the real world and, more pointedly, in the South. The film creates hilarity through real-life emotions and reactions rather than mockery. Danny McBride's performance as Mr. Simmons is staggeringly funny. He fleshes out the character in a way that propels it from cartoonish to comic genius. Small in scope but big in laughs, The Foot Fist Way deserves a black belt in comedy. --© Sundance Film Festival
Did you show compassion today?
jorvik

Post by jorvik »

I doubt it will :cry: ...probably get canned at Cannes :D .....does sound good though, I am more into arty farty lefty films with folks in raggy sweaters and bad hairstyles.than yer actuall Nicholas cage driving around on burning motorbikes ( he always looked like an understudy to someone in Monty Python's to me :? ) :wink:

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”