Hello from Hawaii

New members and old members are invited to introduce (or re-introduce) themselves to the community.

Moderator: Available

Shyft

Hello from Hawaii

Post by Shyft »

Hello.

My name is Steven Rizea, and I'm a 7th kyu Uechi student. I moved around quite a bit when I was young. As a consequence, I've also studied Goju-ryu (never got past white belt) and Taekwondo (I hold a 1st degree black belt in ATA Teakwondo).

I encountered Uechi-ryu through a friend of mine a few months after I got my Taekwondo black belt. I found ATA Taekwondo to be great a great sport, but wanted to get into a more traditional (and practical) martial art.

I was hooked after one class.

I trained through my senior year of high school and as my schedule permitted in college. Now that I graduated, I have the time to study more consistently.

Steven
Greg

Post by Greg »

Steven,

Sorry to hear there are no established Uechi dojo on Oahu - I have been holding out hope that in my very occasional time off, there would be somewhere to train...

I'm relocating there in early June of this year and although time will be tight (I'll be starting an internship at Tripler), I'd definitely be interested in getting together as time permits for training.

Greg

Return to “Member Introductions”