Hello there!!!

New members and old members are invited to introduce (or re-introduce) themselves to the community.

Moderator: Available

Dreadnaught

Hello there!!!

Post by Dreadnaught »

My name is Brian, and I am just entering the world of martial arts for the second time.

I am 33, and I am a full time police officer, a volunteer firefighter, and a combat handgun instructor.

When I was younger (17) I studied "American Karate" for about 5 months and it felt as though I had learned nothing at all. The prices were outrageous, and I was not happy with the program. Since I do not bash anyone publicly, I will stop there and not reveal the name of the school or it's headmaster.

However, about 3 weeks ago, I met an excellent Sensei by the name of Bob Morton (6th Dan - Ju Jutso) who has a very small Dojo, and was clearly trained properly. He is tough (reminiscent of a drill sergeant) and he knows his stuff. This was a much more appealing path to me, and after doing some research of the various arts, I found Ju Jutso to be the most relevant to my line of work. (All business, not too flashy). Not to mention, he is VERY reasonably priced!!

Anyway, I am grateful to be back into the arts, and I'm looking forward to the next few years. My first goal is to achieve my black belt, and then that will start a whole new chapter in my life.

I am also grateful to be here at these forums, and I'm clearly surrounded by a lot of people that know their stuff, and I am eager to learn as much as I possibly can, and when the time comes, share what I have learned.

My priority right now is the take as much as I possibly can from this experience (including all of you) and I'm making it a point to pay attention to & enjoy the long journey ahead of me right now. I hope I can share as much of this journey as possible with all of you!

I'd especially like to thank Sensei Mattson for graciously allowing me to participate here, and I look forward to getting to know all of you!!
~Brian
gmattson
Site Admin

Welcome Brian

Post by gmattson »

Looking forward to many interesting and informative discussions.

Best,
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
Van Canna

Hello Brian

Post by Van Canna »

A most warm welcome to the forums.

Kevin was right, you are a good man.

Looking forward to your contributions, especially as to the blend of the modern tactical with the traditional Arts.

I know all of us will enjoy your professional views.
Van

Return to “Member Introductions”