Helllo

New members and old members are invited to introduce (or re-introduce) themselves to the community.

Moderator: Available

jimb

Helllo

Post by jimb »

Just wanted to say HELLO!...Have been signed up on the website for awhile....history wise....Uechi-ryu-Hancock St. Boston. Ma. 1967. First instructor- Victor Best, then Neville Kimbrell, Bob Campbell (he was a rokkyu when I started)...kids class.
Remember Victor Multi, Fred Tong, Jack Summers and others, not to exclude George Mattson (as well as John). After a couple of years,developed other interests. Came back in the mid '80's - John Zachistal (Woburn, MA) out of Walter Mattson's group for a year ...then Warren and Michael Chaille out of Melrose, MA- got as far as sandan and had family concerns...recently returned to Melrose..now Bill Adams instructor...glad to be back...
Jim B.
gmattson
Site Admin

Wow...

Post by gmattson »

I'm impressed!

How come you didn't come to SummerFest and introduce yourself to all your old teachers??? :)

Looking forward to seeing a lot of you on our forums Jim.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
jimb

Post by jimb »

Sometimes have to work weekends and Summerfest happened on one of those weekends. Look forward to contributing to the forums and also learn a lot...some of the videos helped to dust off the cobwebs a bit although I couldn't believe how much muscle memory was retained ( too bad I couldn't say the same about conditioning!)

Return to “Member Introductions”