New with a question

New members and old members are invited to introduce (or re-introduce) themselves to the community.

Moderator: Available

Stevehat

New with a question

Post by Stevehat »

Hello all. My name is Steve and I'm from South East Florida. I received my Shodan from Sensei Shinyu Gushi and Sensei Ric Potrekus, and I believe Sensei Mattson stopped in for the weekend as well (in Brandon Florida). I am looking for anyone who might have pictures of the late Toshiyuki Itokazu (Tosh). He taught in South Florida for a while. I was lucky enough to study under him when he was mentoring Sensei Ric. He was awesome. At any rate, I'm not sure where to post this request so I'm starting here...........Thanks much.

Steve
gmattson
Site Admin

There is a picture in the

Post by gmattson »

"Memorial" site on this website.

I received that picture from Ric Martin many years ago and I'm sure he still has a copy.

Good to see you on the site. Hope you will be a regular.

George
Stevehat

Post by Stevehat »

Thank you Sensei Mattson. It was good to meet you at that testing. I'll look on the Memorial section.

Steve
Chris H.

Post by Chris H. »

Steve,

First off congratulations on your shodan, I was there at the Seffner Dojo when you tested (I think this is you).
If you are looking for pictures of Sensei Tosh you may want to call Sensei Ken Washington at the Seffner Dojo and see if he can help you or direct you.
Also is there anyone in the Coral Springs area that teaches Uechi? I just moved down here from Brandon and have not had any luck finding anyone.

ChrisImage

Return to “Member Introductions”