Online Questions One

JOHN THURSTON is back and eager to discuss Western Martial Arts, especially relating to its history.

Moderator: JOHN THURSTON

JOHN THURSTON

Online Questions One

Post by JOHN THURSTON »

Did Anyone catch the answer to the queston about Micheners' War Book and the connection of that to the Reef Of Pensacola?

I couldn't find it if you did.

So if you answered, let me kknow where. Sorry.

If you wish to anser and have not done so, feel free to do so here.

2. Can anyone tell me the Units, date, time and target on the Union Cavalry Raid into Confederate territory during the Civil War as "portrayed" in the 1959 movie "The Horese Soldiers"???

I dont know the answer.

If you have questions, feel free to ask them here (keep to Western Martial arts and Military History if you would.

You can,of course. properly label and post your answer(s), making it easier for dimwit here to find them.
"All Enlightenment Gratefully Accepted"
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

John, I have a copy of Dee Brown's Grierson's Raid: A Great Cavalry Adventure around somewhere having read it years ago. The troops involved were, IIRC, state voluteer units and not US Army regulars. Here is a list of possible books from Amazon for you. The Dee Brown book is out of print but there are others for which I cannot vouch.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b?url ... &x=15&y=21
Trying to Walk in the Light, Hugh
1 John 1:5
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Please also see your original post on Michener. He wrote Tales of the South Pacific.
Trying to Walk in the Light, Hugh
1 John 1:5

Return to “Western Martial Arts & History”