Version 2 of the Musso Bowie Replica is Coming.

JOHN THURSTON is back and eager to discuss Western Martial Arts, especially relating to its history.

Moderator: JOHN THURSTON

Hugh

Version 2 of the Musso Bowie Replica is Coming.

Post by Hugh »

After much discussion and thought, Clyde Hollis of Imperial Weapons has decided to bring out a Version 2 of the Musso Bowie. The Version 1 was the first of his efforts at making reproductions of historical Bowie knives. It was a massive knife with a 1/4" thick blade that was 11 3/4" long and had a brass strip welded to the spine. The 200 made sold out PDQ and the prices began to rise in the secondary market as those who missed out suddenly decided that they wanted one. I was personally offered up to $400 for mine but turned it down and I heard of prices on ebay of $600 or so, this on a knife that had sold for $199! One of Clyde's considerations was how to satisfy some of the market without hurting those who had bought their Musso Bowies as collector pieces. His solution was to make the Version 2 a more exact duplicate of the original with a 14" blade that is 3/16" thick and has a subtle curve in it. If you think that you have seen this knife before, you probably have seen it in the 2002 film, "The Alamo" with Jason Patric wielding a very accurate reproduction as Jim Bowie. Clyde expects to make 100 in 2008 and another 100 in 2009. He expects delivery of the first knives around the New Year but is taking pre-production orders up into June of this year for that first run or until he has orders for all 100. If you want in on this one, I suggest that you call him and order one now as you will not be billed until the knife is shipped to you. Here is the link: http://www.imperialweapons.com/knives/Ip-201.html

Honesty requires that I include the following note: Bernard Levine, noted knife expert, has expressed severe doubts about the authenticity of the Musso Bowie, but I find it such a fine example of the image of the Bowie that I cannot resist it. I am not agreeing or disagreeing with an expert such as Bernard Levine, who am I to do that? But I bought the Version 1 in full awareness of his opinion and have just ordered Version 2. What more can I say? Yes, you can call me a Bowie addict. Is there a 12 Step Program for us? (My name is Hugh and I am addicted to sharp and pointy things but especially to Bowie Knives.) :)
Trying to Walk in the Light, Hugh
1 John 1:5
f.Channell

Garand Bayonet

Post by f.Channell »

Thinking about picking up one of these.
Garand Bayonet. The price is right from what I see on Ebay.

Sans Peur Ne Obliviscaris
www.hinghamkarate.com
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

I'm sorry but as much history as the Garand bayonet represents, it just does nothing for me. But Bowies sure as heck do!
Trying to Walk in the Light, Hugh
1 John 1:5

Return to “Western Martial Arts & History”