The Pad Holder

"The title is "Explosive Uechi-ryu" and the moderator is Arthur Rabesa. Art will be exploring the power contained in Uechi-ryu that is not appreciated by the average practitioner. Make no mistake - this forum is for the serious martial artist and I wholeheartedly recommend it for anyone who really wants to tap his or her explosive power potential.

Moderator: Available

MikeK

The Pad Holder

Post by MikeK »

Art,
Good stuff, but how about some of your insight on being the focus mitt holder for those who have never done it before? I've found the guy with the mitts can sometimes make or break a training session by how engaged they are. :D

Mike
I was dreaming of the past...
Bill Bauknecht

Post by Bill Bauknecht »

Mike,
Art will answer your question next week. I will comment since I am and have been, one of the bag holders, one of the "Fall Guys" you might say. Art always stresses the power of sanchin. I can vouch for that importance even when just holding the bag, or mitts. You best be "down." 8O
Good Point,,,you've been there!
Bill
Bill Bauknecht

Working together

Post by Bill Bauknecht »

Hi Mike,
When you are working with a partner, in order to learn, you must work together. The instructor can only teach. When you are working with a partner you must help the other learn. If you have one who is on an ego trip, it will hamper the partner's progress and it is the job of the instructor to watch for and correct this. I agree totally Mike, if you are simply holding a piece of equipment as a bag or mitt, or conditioning drills, it is very important to help each other. Hopefully I will illustrate this in my posting today. Thank you for your insight Mike.
Art.

Return to “Explosive Uechi-ryu”