hairline fractures

Homeopathic systems - Emotional/Mental remedies - Meditation - Focus - Self Confidence -Crystal Therapy - QiGung - Diet - Life-Skills and lots more. Check it out!
Chris McKaskell

hairline fractures

Post by Chris McKaskell »

Oh man, I hate to admit it, but...

I hit something (read:someone :twisted: ) wrong the other day and probably have have a tiny leeetle hairline fracture -- nothing that can be diagnosed beyond a shadow of doubt, and nothing worth casting (depends on which Doctor I talk to) since I work with my hands and promised to be extra careful. :roll:

I've got a handle on the swelling and I am taking it easy -- it hurts just enough to remind me not to overdo it!

I feel kinda dumb, but...

Any suggestions? :oops: :oops:
Chris
Chris McKaskell

I came up with my own suggestion for this one: let it heal and next time use my fists correctly!

:lol:
Chris
mhosea

Post by mhosea »

It happens, e.g. even when making a fist solely to protect the fingers when blocking a kick, for example. It often comes up in Van's forum, however, that seiken punches to the head in self-defense are dangerous for this reason (skulls are harder than fists) and because you don't want to risk cutting your knuckles on their teeth and swap bodily fluids (maybe win the battle and lose the war).
Mike
Chris McKaskell

Yeah, I'd be hesitant to use a fist when striking a hard surface.

Open hand is much better in a SD situation.

This one surpized me because we weren't even sparring that hard -- I just made contact the wrong way.

Yup, "It happens..." :oops:

Thanks Mike. 8)
Chris
C. J. Rupert Juta

Bone fracture

Post by C. J. Rupert Juta »

Next time try homeopathic Symphytum. It speeds up bone knitting, and in cases where bones have been broken for a year or more, and do not grow together, Symphytum kickstarts it into action. I have had amazing success with it on various people, and myself. Its ancient name was, interestingly, "knitbone".

Return to “Healing Arts”