How many fights REALLY go to ground?

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

jorvik wrote:Shana
I have done a lot of different martial arts over the years. One moment sticks in my mind, an Epiphany if you like, at the time I was doing Jiu-Jitsu and I suddenly realised that here were folks with black belts down to their knees telling me how to fight.yet I had had more fights than they had.........and to be honest. I don't think some of them had even had a fight.yet they felt that they could tell me what to do.and the crazy thing was I was paying them :lol:
Yes many jitts guys start off on their knees .
But take it for what it's worth. Sureley you can see the wisdom in starting on the ground? Isolation. I don't agree with how some BJJ guys start on their knees ALL THE TIME. But hey, if they want to isolate, they can isolate.

Surely you can see the wisdom in this? I bet there are boxers who never been in a street fight in their life, yet can still compete well, and have lots to teach? Surely you can still learn to box from them, and see the wisdom in boxing?

Something being one dimensional doesn't mean it's useless, it means it's one dimensional.

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”