Daily practice?

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

Shana Moore

Post by Shana Moore »

Max,
So am I understanding you are saying that daily training can only truly be effective if we learn how to take advantage of the downtimes in between everything else? Basically, that our bodies cannot deal with constant stress of varying natures, and still progress?

Just checking my understanding.
Live True, Laugh often
Shana
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Shana Moore wrote:Max,
So am I understanding you are saying that daily training can only truly be effective if we learn how to take advantage of the downtimes in between everything else? Basically, that our bodies cannot deal with constant stress of varying natures, and still progress?

Just checking my understanding.
Shana ,

A bit of clarification ,on my posts.

I have delt with the transition period from say a 2 to 3 times per week work out ,were there is a good time out ,on to a daily work were there is still time out ,and body /mind spirit ajusts to the increase in input that a daily workout brings .

My posts are mostly at the basic adapting to[increase] aspects of daily practice,and not the full story of daily over the years type of practice .

If we enjoy what we do ,thats fine ,but increase things and we will start to come under increased discipline ,during this adapting we could inibit learning ,how we normally learn under our normal learning 2or 3 times per week [individuals ]etc ,basically we have recently made a change and individually we come under effects of this change .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

So we are in a period of change to our normal ,I say this in a very general type of way ,we differ "One mans mountain is anothers molehill".

My post indicates we have to address downtime ,its of a much shorter duration ,our individual stress will fall into this much shorter downtime .
Lets say we only do 10 mins a day extra ,not a great deal of change but non the less we will feel the effects sooner or later of keeping to this daily ten mins ,I just don't feel like it today ,in chatting to a close friend who works out for a hr a day same thing as yourself .

basically we have to address these pop up issues [which really is learning ] due to our changes we may feel during adapting and onwards .

Learning while enjoying is only one aspect of learning .
max ainley

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”