Kentucky Uechi Practitioners

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

KentuckyUechi

Kentucky Uechi Practitioners

Post by KentuckyUechi »

I realize this is a Women's forum so please forgive the intrusion. I was wondering if anyone knows of a woman in KY that practices or teaches Uechi-Ryu. Earlier this year, I was searching Google with the Keywords Uechi Ryu and Kentucky, hoping that there just might be other Uechi "Life" out there. And much to my suprise I found a listing for Uechi-Ryu classes in Shepherdsville KY. When I contacted the school they said that their primary style was something else. But a while back they had a woman that taught Uechi Ryu for a short time, but she had moved on to a school in Bardstown. I contacted the school in Bardstown (owned by White Crane stylist Anthony Sandoval), but the person I spoke with there said the Woman had been in two or three times, that she held a San-Dan in Uechi-Ryu, and that she had said she would stop in again later, but as of that time had not returned.
Do any of you know of a 3rd Dan that is from, or has relocated to KY? Thanks!
Everything in Moderation
chef

Post by chef »

Hey, KentuckyUechi, have you tried to go through the black belt registry to see what dojo and instructors are in Kentucky. You may find an instructor that may know something. Good luck!

If you cannot find Uechi right away, one option you may want to consider is to sign up for George Mattson's virtual dojo. It is designed for this very purpose and George is great!

I hope things work out for you and your Uechi.

Regards,
Vicki

PS If you are ever in the Richmond area, please look up Bill Glasheen's dojo and come work out. You can stay in my guest room.
"Cry in the dojo, laugh in the battlefield"
robb buckland

Opportunity is never lost ....

Post by robb buckland »

" You may want to consider signing up for George Mattson's virtual dojo. It is designed for this very purpose and George is great! "

George is a great instructor 8) and what an opportunity, to train with the American Uechi pioneer (the guy that wrote the book !!)
FEARS Ltd
"Art meets Reality"
www.fearsltd.com
KentuckyUechi

Post by KentuckyUechi »

Thanks Robb, and Vicki for the hospitality and advice. You are correct, George's Virtual Dojo is Great! I started about 2 months ago. Of course, it is always nice to work out with other Uechi folks. Hopefully I can get to Summerfest and/or Winterfest next year.
Everything in Moderation

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”