Tai Chi MultiMedia Clips

Contributors offers insight into the non-physical side of the Martial Arts, often ignored when discussing self-defense.
gmattson
Site Admin

Tai Chi MultiMedia Clips

Post by gmattson »

Date: 01 Sep 1998
Time: 16:10:08

Paul: Some weeks back, I posted a note to this forum indicating one of my teachers, Fong (or Vincent) Chu was on the web... that day, the site posting it decided to take all but his teachers clips off his site. I got two of them and posted them to my wife's home page... (the link is at the very bottom title Phil's Tai Chi Page). It should give you an idea of what it's like to lay hands on a Tai Chi master, any pressing touch is like hitting a 200 lb gyroscope. It may look weird
but I can assure you it feel even wierder!
http://www2.thecia.net/users/karenvs/
gmattson
Site Admin

Tai Chi MultiMedia Clips

Post by gmattson »

the clips
Date: 02 Sep 1998
Time: 07:53:57

Phil, Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post those inspirational clips...
they remind me of some of the old film clips of the Aikido master, Ueshiba, who also had an uncanny knack for tranferring hidden power. Reminds me also of scenes from one of my all time favorite movies; "Pushing Hands", which you have no doubt seen by now (or, if you have not, you must get yourself to the video store right away!). Thanks again, Paul.
gmattson
Site Admin

Tai Chi MultiMedia Clips

Post by gmattson »

Clips
Date: 04 Sep 1998
Time: 18:35:12

Thanks Paul and for the opportunity to post these clips (and Karen's art work) to
your site. It's great how the URL posts into your discussion window!

I'm often unsure what people think when I mention Tai Chi Chuan. It's so badly
misunderstood and mostly never mentioned as a martial art! Take my word for it, this is the real thing!

I'm trying to get the video you mentioned. Thanks for tip.. I never heard of it but if
you say it's good, it must be great!!!
One other thing I heard but haven't read yet is an article about Gin Soon's teacher which is in a new martial arts magazine "Martial Arts Illustrated". I'll critique it for you if I get a copy.

I'm looking forward to coming out some Saturday but a little hesitant about my
Uechi competence!
Best regards...phils

Return to “Mind-Body-Spirit Forum”