new stuff

Contributors offers insight into the non-physical side of the Martial Arts, often ignored when discussing self-defense.
paul giella

new stuff

Post by paul giella »

We are working some new ideas in Sensei Mattson's Saturday class...some of Sensei Canna's ideas melded with Sensei Mattson
's yields the blend of the tiger and the crane! We all feel stromger already! come join the fun on Sarturday at 10:00
gjkhoury

new stuff

Post by gjkhoury »

Paul-sensei:

I just got back from Winterfest where I was able to work both with Van-sensei and George. Unbelievable!

I have GOT to get together with your team one of these Saturday's -- just requires a little extra planning and resolve due to the hectic nature of our fast-growing school.

Hope all is well with you!

Keep training!

Gary
paul giella

new stuff

Post by paul giella »

Gary-san!
Would you ever consider coming to Newton as a guest instuctor one Saturday? Our group would love to have your training perspective.
Steve

new stuff

Post by Steve »

Paul - great class today! Physically challenging practical instruction that is as fun to participate in as it is to watch. The 90 minutes went by much to quickly. Thanks! Regards, Steve

------------------
D. Steven White
swhite@umassd.edu
gjkhoury

new stuff

Post by gjkhoury »

Dear Paul-sensei:

I would LOVE to! Honestly, it would be a real honor.

Simply, Saturday's are our BUSIEST days here at the dojo. Visits outside the school are not impossible, but do require a bit of planning ahead.

Please let me know here, or call: 978-858-0123.

Thank you,

Gary
Fedele Cacia

new stuff

Post by Fedele Cacia »

Gary Sensei
I have just read your post and am very excited to hear that there is at least a chance that you would honor us at the hut with your presence. I would like to second Giella Sensei's invitation in knowing that I speak on behalf of all at the hut. I understand that you have a very busy schedule, and if there is anything that I can do that would make it any easier for you or any of your fine students to attend, please let me know.
gjkhoury

new stuff

Post by gjkhoury »

Hey, Fidele!

Thanks for the invite! I WILL make it there before long.

Tell me though: As I am no too familiar with the routine at the hut, when would be best for me to visit? Maybe I could pop down prior to the May tourney and talk a bit about sparring strategy and technique?

Or, maybe I could share a few of my Okinawa experiences and offer a few ideas about kata, etc.?

What--and when--would be best for the group?

Let me know,

Gary
paul giella

new stuff

Post by paul giella »

Gary,
The membership at the Hut group is diverse...there are a few hard fighters who would appreciate your tournament training methods, but I'm afraid the majority of the group might be intimidated if that were he only focus. I would love to hear about your Okinawan training methods, kata points, etc. along with some of the stronger stuff. We meet from 10:00 to 11:30 Saturdays. Sensei Mattson shares the time with one of the other instructors (which we follow in three month rotations: it is my turn until the end of March)and we are about to enjoy the great honor of having Sensei Van Canna teach the last Saturday of each month.
gjkhoury

new stuff

Post by gjkhoury »

Sounds great, Paul!

Do me the favor of calling me sometime this week. Maybe we can nail down a time for me to visit within the next few Saturdays (978)858-0123.

I certainly don't want to step on anyone's toes down there, with all the senior students/teachers and all. So please do let me know specifics about your upcoming class schedule. I really would love to visit!

Regards,

Gary

Return to “Mind-Body-Spirit Forum”