TaopouT Boston

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

TSDguy

TaopouT Boston

Post by TSDguy »

http://boston.tapouttc.com/

Anyone know these guys? (Leading question, I know someone on here knows them :) )

This school is extremely convenient to me and I'm signing up there unless someone has something serious to say about these guys.

From the website, the training center looks INCREDIBLE.
Jake Steinmann

Post by Jake Steinmann »

Hmmh.

How can I put this delicately?

I can think of better places for you to train. I'll leave it at that.

If that area works for you, check out Combat Sports Boston. http://www.combatsportsboston.com/

Good group of guys, very solid background.

Or you could take the T out a couple of stops and come to Sityodtong. :-)
TSDguy

Post by TSDguy »

Hmm, can you elaborate without getting ugly?
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Inquiring minds want to know!

:popcorn: :popcorn:

I do have to wonder about a place that "specializes" in so many different styles. But maybe that's my prejudice.

- Bill
Jake Steinmann

Post by Jake Steinmann »

I'll say this much; the staff at that gym comes mostly from another Boston location. I've seen how fighters from the other location perform and conduct themselves, and have been underwhelmed, to say the least.

I know a few of the trainers at Combat Sports Boston--they are good, honest trainers who care about the welfare of their students. Given how close they are to the Tapout facility, if location is your primary interest, those are the guys I would visit.

Sityodtong is a little further out, obviously. I won't even pretend to be objective about my own school, but we do take great care to make sure that all of our students receive top-notch training, regardless of their goals.

PM me if you want more info...
eric235u

Post by eric235u »

if you're looking for a strength and conditioning trainer john sullivan is knowledgeable. http://blog.built-for-battle.com/?page_id=2 the place looks cool inside. i got to jump around the cage.

a friend of mine briefly went to sityodtong and gives it very high reviews.

good luck.
Last edited by eric235u on Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robb buckland

Ronin......

Post by robb buckland »

I manage to find lots of good training all over....."Burn w/ Kearns" 8O ....play w/ Micki Ward 8) .....How special is someone who specializes in so much :? ....visit Jake ....?? Just a thought . :wink:
FEARS Ltd
"Art meets Reality"
www.fearsltd.com
eric235u

Post by eric235u »

fwiw...

i spent a couple of hours at the tapout boston gym today. doing some computer stuff. watched a ufc pro doing focus pads with one of the muay thai coaches. neat stuff. high energy.

here's a couple of articles that may be of interest.

http://www.northeastmma.net/2010/07/27/ ... e-real-jc/

http://www.northeastmma.net/2010/07/27/ ... -sullivan/
eric235u

Post by eric235u »

TSDguy, where did you end up going? what's it like?
Jake Steinmann

Post by Jake Steinmann »

I can only assume that he did not come to Sityodtong, as I would be very upset if he did and didn't say hi...
TSDguy

Post by TSDguy »

Ha @ Jake.

I decided to take Jake's advice and go with Combat Sports Boston but then I had a semi-massive back injury (nothing serious, but I paralyzed my lungs accidentally) and haven't been able to exercise for several months. I'm hoping to test my luck in a boxing class at CSB this coming week.

Edit: I also plan on absolutely dying because I have gut for the first time in my life...

Edit 2: Eh what the hell, this is a funny story. If any of you have ever seen the Comedy Central show Tosh.0 you may know that he despises his fat fans. He issued a challenge to do ten push ups every time you pee and called them "piss ups". I took the challenge but started near July 4th. Which meant I drank a lot for the long weekend, which meant I pissed a lot which meant I did a lot of piss ups. I wound up doing several thousand pushups and injured my upper back which clenched so hard my lungs became paralyzed and I couldn't breath and I had to go to the ER.

Good news is I looked AWSOME when I took my shirt off and all the nurses were checking me out. Bad news is pretty obvious.
Jake Steinmann

Post by Jake Steinmann »

TSDguy wrote:Ha @ Jake.

I decided to take Jake's advice and go with Combat Sports Boston but then I had a semi-massive back injury (nothing serious, but I paralyzed my lungs accidentally) and haven't been able to exercise for several months. I'm hoping to test my luck in a boxing class at CSB this coming week.

Edit: I also plan on absolutely dying because I have gut for the first time in my life...

Edit 2: Eh what the hell, this is a funny story. If any of you have ever seen the Comedy Central show Tosh.0 you may know that he despises his fat fans. He issued a challenge to do ten push ups every time you pee and called them "piss ups". I took the challenge but started near July 4th. Which meant I drank a lot for the long weekend, which meant I pissed a lot which meant I did a lot of piss ups. I wound up doing several thousand pushups and injured my upper back which clenched so hard my lungs became paralyzed and I couldn't breath and I had to go to the ER.

Good news is I looked AWSOME when I took my shirt off and all the nurses were checking me out. Bad news is pretty obvious.
That is a funny, funny story.

Glad you're enjoying CSB. Tell John and Sean I say hi.

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”