help needed -- Summerfest webinar!

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

gmattson
Site Admin

help needed -- Summerfest webinar!

Post by gmattson »

Okay, the economy s*cks -karate is not as popular as it once was and Uechi-ryu Karate is less flamboyant than other activities vying for your attention. But for those of us who love Uechi-ryu karate and are hooked on it for life, it is important that our dojos survive and events like Summerfest prosper.

I've been told by dojo owners that students who attend Summerfest say that being there, working out with so many other Uechi-Ryu practitioners provides an annual "shot in the arm" of motivation that makes them look forward to getting back to the dojo to train.

Susan and I look forward to Summerfest and will be coming to New England every year as long as our friends continue to show up and enjoy the weekend with us. However, it is a shame that for whatever reason, more students and teachers don't take advantage of this amazing martial art event.

Our goal for the next 10 months, is to try some new ideas that have been recommended by our friends, for making the 2010 Summerfest a spectacular, entertaining and educational martial art experience. To do this, I will need help from my friends. The plan is to conduct a couple of online webinars, where participants will be brainstorming ideas regarding everything from the facility, participants, presenters, store and booth options and of course motivating dojo's and individuals to attend.

I'm asking all of my martial art friends to join me this evening (Sunday, September 19) at 9 PM (Eastern standard Time) for one hour of brainstorming. There are 50 spots available and you will have to call a long-distance number (area code 702) to hear and speak during the meeting. If you can spare an hour, please e-mail me (gmattson@uechi-ryu.com) and I will send you an invitation. Once you receive the invitation all you have to do is click the enclosed link and you will go directly to the conference website.

Looking forward to seeing you tonight,

George
gmattson
Site Admin

Good turnout... Thanks!

Post by gmattson »

23 people attended the conference last night and although some had technical difficulties logging in and staying logged-in, we had a really productive evening discussing new and exciting changes for the 2011 SummerFest.

We will now be assigning volunteers who will be helping Susan and me with the many tasks to be performed before next Summer.

Watch for the introduction of our All-New Martial Art SummerFest 2011!
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

I'll be part of this soon enough, George. I am on the road.

Glad my forum could be of help.

- Bill

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”