Uechi-Ryu.com

Discussion Area
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:16 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:43 am 

Steve,

This is getting me confused :? What is your post about?

Post subject: Think deep...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:57 am 

Which one//// BTW.. Mark's Sensei in Okinawa... His name is Tsutomo Nakahodo ( Dai Sempai Kadena Dojo) sure GEM had a typo there....

Post subject: Van...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:01 am 

I'm thinking your heart is in right place... Let me give you some time to catch up... I'll just say that and leave it to you're discretion... Sorry if I offended anyone... Just really ticked about some things said here... and before..I know that Mark likes you.. That means a lot to me..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:18 am 

Still confused Steve :(

Post subject: I know...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:23 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Talk to Mark... one on one... again have a good night... and don;t let too many Okinawan Taxi Drivers enter your dreams..... My friend :?: :?: :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:30 am 

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:56 pm 

Stevie B

Quote:
Here, tell you what.. Send Shane to me for an afternoon since he's been so well prepared by the folks he spoke of..and see what condition he comes back in... Either way... Put up or STFU.....Old style rules...

Good afternoon Van,

I am just catching up on this thread from last evening….

I read and re-read my posting on this thread, and I fail to see how I may have upset some of the contributors.

As you know, I hold the highest degree of respect for you and as such will respect your wishes as related to the forum rules in general and your specific requests related to insults on this thread.

It has been some time since I last posted and given the response I suspect it will be some time before I do again.

My comments were only meant to bring some direction/correlation from a “Students Interpretations” as related to the potential value of such a site.

I admittedly stated I had not met Kyoshi Mark nor have I met or know Stevie B

With the wealth of talent, contributions and commitment to the “Uechi Community” one typically views through this forum…. Well it has been a very enjoyable experience for the most part and often educational….

I find myself in unchartered waters (on this forum) on this afternoon and I hope that I have not upset you Van, you know me better than most and you know this would never be my intent…

I maintain my initial message from last evening and simply stated I am very proud of my Uechi lineage and maybe because I am naïve or have no political stake holds…. I’m left questioning the silliness of it all.

Stevie B

Your comments directed towards me are somewhat confusing?? You Sir, do not even know me nor I you...

As mentioned I have a wealth of respect for Van and see this forum as invaluable. I make no apologies for my comments nor will I respond to your comments in this format dragging this thread even deeper into what appears to be a bottomless pit.

I would hope we can continue this conversations seeking clarification privately. I look forward to hearing from.

If the PM function on this forum does not work; please contact Van has he has all my contact information in terms of cell phone, home phone, e-mail and as such and he will make this available to you.

On a positive note;

Van,

Sensei Maloney & the lovely Bridget send a big Hello back at ya! Sensei wanted me to tell you that Darren Laur (Personal Protection Systems) will be joining us in February 2011 for a week of training during the Canadian Winter Games.

Hope all is well & talk soon,

Shane Kirk

Post subject: RE: Capt Kirk
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:57 pm 

" I admittedly stated I had not met Kyoshi Mark nor have I met or know Stevie B" ....

That's true, you don't. Nor do you have anything to do with this.. So I APOLOGIZE if I hurt your feelings. I was in a very irritated mood because of some previous posts concerning Mark's wellness and dedication to the United States Marine Corps and Uechi Ryu. As far as you calling an 8th Dan who trained under Dai Sensei Uechi for 5 years solid and then another 7 years under Nakahodo Sensei at the Naha dojo "silly" that sort of sticks in my Craw as well...
Now as far as I'm concerned I've said about all I care to on here. See Shane, I'm not the smartest guy in the world, don't really care about getting in long debates with Junior Uechi Ka. ( probably because we didn't talk very much where I trained.. And if we did speak to Shinjo Sensei, we were very measured in our questions and comments).
With that said, there is really nothing else that I wish to add to this particular thread and have no wish to discuss things further with you. Have a nice afternoon. :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:04 pm 

Hi Shane,

I was just catching up with this thread on and off_
I have had nothing but PC problems since the data transfer from my old hard drive to the new.

Anyway, before I lock this thread for good _ since it has outlived its usefulness_ :( I agree with what you wrote_ you did not offend me with any comments you made...

I have always thought of you, after we met, as an outstanding practitioner and awesome hitter _ along with a friendly, respectful personality that is difficult to find these days and age.

Your comments were just opinions on effective training as approached by different senseis, one of them indeed being the great Jim Maloney as per your description of his accomplishments and background. You also outlined your pride of lineage. So not a problem my friend...I know you well...nothing you could ever say, write, or do would offend me.

It is unfortunate that some words you wrote were taken from an offensive point of view.

Stevie B. _ was certainly out of line with those offensive remarks... but as you know, this communication medium leads to such misunderstandings_ EMOTIONAL HIGH-JACKING_ and controversies on regular basis. One reason why so many people just refuse to post.

In any case, an apology was offered, and so be it.

I am herewith locking this thread since it has outlived its usefulness.

Do me a favor Shane and resend me your email addresses since in the data transfer, it was lost.

My very best to you, Jim and Bridget.

Happy holidays

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4