Dedicated to Vicki

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

MikeK wrote:
I'll see you later Vicki, of that I'm sure.
I will too... if they let me in the front door. That will be a pretty exclusive club.

- Bill
Dana Sheets

Post by Dana Sheets »

A thousand times we needed you
A thousand times we cried
If love alone could have saved you
you never would have died
-----------------------------
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Did you show compassion today?
Seizan

Post by Seizan »

A parable of Immortality

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean.

She is an object of beauty and strength, and I stand and watch her until at length she is only a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky meet and mingle with each other. Then someone at my side exclaims, "There. She's gone."

Gone where? Gone from my sight, is all. She is just as large in hull and mast and spar as she was when she left my side, and just as able to bear her load of living freight to the place of her destination. Her diminished size is in me, not in her.

And just at the moment when someone at my side says "She's gone," there are other eyes watching for her coming and other voices ready to take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!"

And that is dying.

-- Henry Van Dyke
Fedele

Post by Fedele »

To represent Vicki’s Uechi Family here in Boston I am planning on attending her Funeral on Friday, if there’s anyone in the Boston area that is thinking of going I would welcome the company on the long drive down!
508-816-3509
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Jenny wrote:
Just a note to let you all know about Vicki's Funeral.

The Gathering will be at 3pm Friday 28th January 2011 @ Cool Springs Baptist Church on Atlee Station Rd Mechanicsville Va. 23116 and to follow at Vicki and Davey's

If you would like to help, we are looking for finger food (no Casseroles ) to follow after the service at the Scheffler's house.

Kathy Tinkey is co-ordinating the food so please feel free to give her a call so we don't double up on different things.

Her Phone Number is 1-540-894-1906
Please feel free to call her if you have any questions

Thanks Jenny Holzgrefe
MikeK

Post by MikeK »

Bill,
Or any mod. Could you make this thread sticky for awhile?
Thanks,
Mike
I was dreaming of the past...
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Done
Dana

Vicki

Post by Dana »

I thought of you with love today
but that is nothing new
I thought about you yesterday
and days before that too,
I think of you in silence
I often speak your name
All I have are memories
and your picture in a frame
Your memory is my keepsake
with which I’ll never part
God has you in His keeping
I have you in my heart.
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

She was indeed a very special human being...it shows by the great outpouring of her extended Uechi family...

hard for one hour to go by and not think of her. :cry:
Van
Kevin Mackie

Post by Kevin Mackie »

I only knew her through her posts here and was very saddened to read this news.

So sad.
Sensei Carlos

Post by Sensei Carlos »

Bill, A big hug from here, our prayers are with you.
Los que saben no hablan y los que hablan no saben
Sue G

Post by Sue G »

Ahhh. Sigh.

So sorry to read this news. I didnt know her well or for long but I do know she was very special. Heartfelt sympathies to her family and friends.
MikeK

Post by MikeK »

Wow, was Vicki's memorial service packed! The church was filled and I think they had to put people in the balcony. And that was likely only a small sample of the people that knew and loved her.

Most of us here on the forums knew Vicki as a martial artist but as her husband Davey said she was into the four F's. Faith, Food, Flowers and Fighting. What a life, what a legacy! :D

BTW, This was posted a while back on Vicki's FB wall.
If you would like to make a donation in my mother's name, please send it to Hope Lodge in Baltimore. There is a donation link on their site. Thank you. Paul Scheffler
http://www5.cancer.org/docroot/subsite/ ... _index.asp

At the Baltimore Hope Lodge we understand that undergoing treatment for cancer can be both financially and emotionally overwhelming. For many, treatment at cancer centers provides the greatest hope, but requires that they are far from home, adding the additional burden of travel and lodging expenses.
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Thanks for the early post, Mike. I had a very, very busy weekend tending to all my Virginia affairs.

I missed you, Mike. Where were you? Then again... that was some crowd. A bunch of "the karate people" collected in the back of the church at the end of the ceremony, where we exchanged hugs and pleasantries.

In addition to many from the Virginia contingent, it's worth mentioning that Darren Yee and Fidele Cacia drove all the way down from Massachusetts for the ceremony. And they drove back that night, as Fidele had a class to teach the next morning. The act speaks for itself. And it was deeply appreciated by the folks who know and love Vicki.

I was thankful I had a chance to spend time talking with Vicki's husband, 2 daughters, son, 2 of the 7 grandchildren, and a lengthy amount of time with her sister. They are all good people. And it was well worth my plane flight and a day's worth of time.

- Bill
MikeK

Post by MikeK »

I was sitting in the back and and was summoned back to work to take care of an issue for this last weekend's deployment. The joys of being on point for a roll out. Missed seeing you all.

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”