For Stevie B

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Van Canna

For Stevie B

Post by Van Canna »

http://tinyurl.com/5ugkel8
Now that the Supreme Court has upheld a fringe religious group’s right to protest at military funerals, Massachusetts state lawmakers are considering a bill that would double the size of protest-free buffer zones and mandate stiff fines or jail time for violations.

Members of the Kansas church, led by Fred Phelps, yell slurs against homosexuals, the military, and the Catholic Church during funerals, often holding signs that read “Thank God for Dead Soldiers.’’ They say soldiers’ deaths are God’s punishment for the country’s tolerance of gays.

In 2007, the group protested at the funeral of 22-year-old Matthew Bean of Pembroke, who was killed in Iraq. They have protested at other military funerals in New England in recent years.
Stevie, have you ever met some of these people face to face? Just wondering what they might look/act like when confronted one on one.
Van
Stevie B

Re: For Stevie B

Post by Stevie B »

If I had do you think I would be able to respond here?? :lol: I would probably be the one going to jail, but I would still have a smile on my face!!! :evilbat:

SILENCE!!! I Kill You!!!!
Stevie B

Patriot Guard..

Post by Stevie B »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwigMTju ... re=related

This is the Patriot Guard group I was telling you about before.. These guys are COOL!!!

Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Stevie B wrote:If I had do you think I would be able to respond here?? :lol: I would probably be the one going to jail, but I would still have a smile on my face!!! :evilbat:
:mrgreen:
Van
Van Canna

Re: Patriot Guard..

Post by Van Canna »

Stevie B wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwigMTju ... re=related

This is the Patriot Guard group I was telling you about before.. These guys are COOL!!!
Yep...they are...
I wonder if the Westboro group reaches for their roll of toilet paper when these guys appear. :mrgreen:
Van
Panther

Post by Panther »

Hi Stevie B, Van-Sensei,

As our motto says, "Freedom isn't Free, but Membership is."

Go to: http://www.patriotguard.org

Those WBC @$$holes may have a "right" to spew their venom, but they've learned not to get too close. Talk to them face-to-face and they act all "smiles and nice" while taunting you all the time. They want a confrontation! That makes the news and gives them more exposure. Some of the PGR almost fell for it. Instead, we give them the ultimate insult... we ignore them. We're there for the family, not to help some @$$holes get publicity for their intolerance. Various folks are able to go to different funerals. There are a core of PGR that go almost always, but basically the call goes out that we have permission to attend the service or have been asked to attend the services and depending on schedules, commitments, etc folks join in. Could be a dozen bikes, could be ten times that... It comforts the family, honors those who stood for us, and keeps the "riff-raff" down.

PGR PantherFFF

BTW, I am opposed to these wars, but I honor those who've served and sacrificed. Contrary to some people's feelings, that isn't contradictory at all.
Bill Glasheen

Re:

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Several points made by Panther deserve special emphasis. Lately I've been dealing with bad behavior in several venues of my life. Understanding it and learning how best to deal with it has helped me enormously.
Panther wrote:
They want a confrontation! That makes the news and gives them more exposure.
Bingo!
Panther wrote:
we give them the ultimate insult... we ignore them.
And this indeed is the perfect response. What they want is for you to respond. Not responding is the best response.

This emotional intelligence lesson is a bit like that finger trap toy.

The natural instinct to get your finger out is to pull. But pulling gives the toy the ability to grab on to your finger. The harder you pull, the harder it grabs. Escape happens only when you do the exact opposite of what your instincts tell you - you push your finger into the toy. That causes the device to loosen its grip. Holding onto it in the expanded mode then enables you to slide the finger out.

The modus operendum of these anti gay protesters is to find the most vile thing they can legally say, and jump in with two feet. They hijack the misfortune of others so they can get their message out. Getting a response means TV exposure for their cause. Ignoring them means no TV cameras. So... you don't take the bait, and you ignore the fact that they're intentionally pushing your buttons. It's the only thing that makes the button pushing stop. No exposure means no TVs means no donations for their loser cause means they can't afford to chase funerals around the country any more.

The media needs to get the message as well. How stupid are they?
Panther wrote:
We're there for the family
Thank you, sir!
Panther wrote:
BTW, I am opposed to these wars, but I honor those who've served and sacrificed. Contrary to some people's feelings, that isn't contradictory at all.
It means you understand what being an American is all about.

- Bill
gmattson
Site Admin

Bill. . .

Post by gmattson »

Please call me. . .
George
mhosea

Re:

Post by mhosea »

Panther wrote:BTW, I am opposed to these wars, but I honor those who've served and sacrificed. Contrary to some people's feelings, that isn't contradictory at all.
Couple of Ike's for you:

"Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Mike
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

“Seeing what these families go through … having gone to these services, I would not want any parent or any family to go through the emotional distress this kind of protest causes.’’

Cantwell’s bill would make it illegal to “engage in picketing, loitering, or otherwise create a disturbance within 1,000 feet of a funeral home, church or temple, or other building where funeral services are being held’’ within two hours before or after the services. Violators would be fined up to $1,000 or sentenced to up to one year in jail.
I suppose ignoring is the best medicine...but then again...we cannot discount the intentional infliction of emotional distress that these 'fringe louts' achieve upon the grieving family at a funeral.

Emotional highjacking at its worst, and not to be easily set aside. It reminds me of some of the louts we have had on these forums over the years...you cannot simply ignore them or they will...become bolder by the minute, reason why we had to flush them down the cyber-John.

I think we will see the day when some irate family member will pull a gun and kill a dozen of those pigs.

But this is also coming
Now that the Supreme Court has upheld a fringe religious group’s right to protest at military funerals, Massachusetts state lawmakers are considering a bill that would double the size of protest-free buffer zones and mandate stiff fines or jail time for violations.
First you hit them in their pockets [lawyers' fees etc.]next you can let your imagination run as to what they will really feel/look like in prison as private b*itches. :lol:
Van
Stevie B

That's exactly why..

Post by Stevie B »

We need to start fabricating the homemade Mark 19 MacGyver!!! I already welded the mounts onto the bed of my Pickup truck!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Even if we just used some stink bomb grenades :P

Van Canna

Re: That's exactly why..

Post by Van Canna »

Stevie B wrote:We need to start fabricating the homemade Mark 19 MacGyver!!! I already welded the mounts onto the bed of my Pickup truck!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Even if we just used some stink bomb grenades :P
This may well happen someday...the intentional infliction of emotional distress upon a person, especially a bereaved family, is fraught with extreme danger.

One of my investigating specialties was the handling of intentional infliction of emotional distress upon an employee by the employer under worker's compensation State Laws.

As 'touchy' an investigation as you can imagine. Some of the reactions and the fears of employers, after the fact, was something to behold.

Now these religious louts
They are using our laws and liberties against us for financial gain. They pretend to be an establishment of religion, so no laws an be made against them.

They engage in the most reprehensible forms of speech imaginable because they know it cannot be limited. They dare people to try to stop them, and thus provoke violations of their first amendment rights that enable them to file law suits.

They know the law and the use it in a sophisticated scam to bilk people out of their money by antagonizing them legally to the point where their chosen victim will break the law.

Doing anything against them will be difficult, because they know the law so well and are very careful to stay within it's bounds.

But it is possible you could convict them on money laundering charges. Their primary business is legal practices, yet they claim to be a church to avoid paying taxes.

They are doing things that are legal to engage in fraud and deception.
Maybe they could the way Al Capone did?
Van
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

One good suggestion
The trick to stopping these idiots is to fight fire with fire. Protest back, everything they do, the people around where they gather should rise up and shout them down. When they go into their 'church' shout them down, fill the isles and shout them down. Surround the so called pastors house and shout them down. Day in and day out till they disappear from the face of the earth.
Van
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

I saw a comment elsewhere re this putrid group.

The question was asked...why don't they ever picket the underworld or 'Mafia' families?

After all they are the best experts at 'killing'...

One answer was they are terrified of becoming targets for the 'Sicilian solution' i.e.,kill everyone of them and their families...so there is no one left to have to worry about. :lol:
Van
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

This reminds me of the famous 'Sicilian Vespers'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqP6dc_R ... re=related

The Church of the Holy Spirit, once set in a park outside the city walls, still stands… (the church is now also called Chiesa dei Vespri). In the Catholic Church, the evening ritual is known as Vespers (a series of chants, litanies and prayers held each evening and especially popular for the Easter Vigil).

On March 30, 1282, Easter Monday, a large crowd of Sicilians where gathered outside a church near Palermo awaiting Vespers. A group of French officials joined them, despite the cold reception by the crowd. Some of the Frenchmen began approaching the Sicilian women, and when a French sergeant took a married woman away from the crowd, her husband stabbed him to death.

The French rushed to avenge their comrade and where attacked and killed by the crowd. As the church bells throughout the city rang for Vespers, messengers ran throughout Palermo calling for an uprising.

The Sicilians slaughtered the French and Sicilian women who had married Frenchmen, invading houses, inns, convents, and monasteries.

The frenzied populace killed Frenchmen wherever they found them. Even monasteries were not exempt from their fury. French monks and nuns were killed.

There seems to have been at least one case of a Sicilian woman pregnant by her French husband being cut open based on the idea that her unborn child was French.

In a largely multicultural society, it was necessary to identify the French, so the revolutionaries devised a simple linguistic test: pronounce the word "ciciri"

The Sicilian for chickpeas (ciceri, riciri cicirri) is a difficult word to pronounce correctly if one is French. It is said that Sicilians held up a chickpea and asked those suspected of being French to tell them what it was. Those who were able to pronounce the word correctly were spared and those who mispronounced the word were unmistakably French and slaughtered.

Van

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”