I'm sorry, I can't let this one go

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Bill Glasheen

I'm sorry, I can't let this one go

Post by Bill Glasheen »

This is too good to be true.

Years back we had Slick Willie who couldn't keep Willard in his britches. And now we have a Congressman named Weiner caught sexting pictures of his wiener to a young lady. After a week of denials and side-stepping, a young nurse-to-be brought herself forward, challenging Weiners assertion that he did not text his wiener to that woman. When it was a certainty he couldn't deny it, he held a teary-eyed press conference where he admitted to sexting activity with "approximately six" women.

Am I missing anything?

Observations from the peanut gallery.

1) As Henry Kissinger once said, power is the greatest aphrodisiac. If you want to know why so many men seek power, well maybe you get a hint here. This not-so-good-looking man was engaged in a pretty steamy text message exchange (complete with pictures) with a not-so-bad-looking young woman. That's the one of six we know about.

2) Getting caught with your pants down in the information age seems like a pretty common thing. But men in power can't help themselves. Democrats and Republicans alike get caught in compromising situations. (Remember Arnold???)

3) It seems that when Republicans get caught, they resign. When Democrats get caught, they stay on and are reborn. You tell me - which party is the party of good times??? (joke)

4) When is a politician caught with a major case of bimbo eruptions going to admit flat out that he just did it and it's none of your business? If you're going to get caught anyway, and your politician wife probably knows you're a slut, why not???

Just musing...

- Bill
gmattson
Site Admin

Re: I'm sorry, I can't let this one go

Post by gmattson »

When is a politician caught with a major case of bimbo eruptions going to admit flat out that he just did it and it's none of your business? If you're going to get caught anyway, and your politician wife probably knows you're a slut, why not???
I believe this is what Weiner did at his last press conference. He did apologize, but then added that he did nothing illegal and therefore he was not going to resign.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
mhosea

Post by mhosea »

Well, he seemed to be really, really sorry about it, and he lied about it at first. Bill wants the next one to man up and say "Yeah, I did it. What's it to ya?" from the beginning. I know I'd like to hear that. Seems to me that all the public apologies and spin don't help with the personal damage, anyway, and denial just makes the story grow larger, so I don't understand why they don't just put on a defiant face for the public and grovel to their spouses in private.
Mike
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

You hit the nail on the head, Mike.

Morals of the story?

1) Just say no to sexting. Today's boyfriend/girlfriend is potentially tomorrow's enemy. Unless you're comfortable with sending a photo out to the entire world, do not send it out as a digital file. Wiener was made vulnerable by his poor choices. It's a wonder we don't lose more important state, commercial, and military secrets from the activity of boneheads (bad pun...) who leave themselves open to blackmail.

2) If you are afraid to admit something to the world, then don't do it.

3) If caught, act like you meant it.

4) Per Mike's suggestion, grovel to the significant other in private. The world doesn't really need to know, nor is it necessary to explain.

Just a few words of wisdom - worth 2 cents and some change.

Bill
Stevie B

Post by Stevie B »

Even Donald Trump is coming down hard on Mr. Weiner!!!! A perfect storm... :lol: :lol: :lol:

SILENCE!!! I Kill You!!!!
mhosea

Post by mhosea »

The article in the NYT today has some quotes from his constituents that seem to echo Bill's points. I suspect you could get a consensus on 3 points:

1. Lying and trying to misdirect the blame is the worst part -- impugns credibility and integrity.
2. It was incredibly stupid to use the internet for this kind of thing -- impugns judgment.
3. It's unfortunate that he's a cad, or some kind of cad wannabe, but as long as no laws have been broken, this aspect is not a major public concern.

Personally, I think the calls for his resignation are a little over-the-top. The Republicans mainly want a shot at his seat, I think. The Democrats just don't want any of the stink to rub off on them. A resignation might be good for his constituents if it turns out that he would (ironically) be impotent from now on as a congressman. OTOH, it's the kind of story that seems like it would blow over. Our media couldn't even stay focused on an ongoing nuclear disaster for very long.
Mike
Stevie B

Post by Stevie B »

For the love of Weiner....

Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

:lol:
Van
f.Channell

Post by f.Channell »

According to the poll I heard today they are all gone at the next election.
Sans Peur Ne Obliviscaris
www.hinghamkarate.com
Stevie B

Post by Stevie B »

All the Weiners are gone??? OMG!!! What is the World coming to??? What is a World with out Weiners?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stevie B

Post by Stevie B »

" According to the Pole all the Weiners are gone'??? omg.... lSHISMyself...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Stevie B

Post by Stevie B »

FREE WILLIE?!? :lol:

Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Here's the real lesson.

Bill
Today's boyfriend/girlfriend is potentially tomorrow's enemy.
:mrgreen:
Van
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Van

Several things not to give to a vindictive boyfriend/girlfriend just in case one day they turn on you:
  • Incriminating and/or humiliating electronic photos and videos.
  • A firearm.
  • A shovel.
- Bill

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”