A Democratic Primary in the Making?

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Jason Rees
Site Admin

A Democratic Primary in the Making?

Post by Jason Rees »

Waaaaay back in 2007, someone said candidate Barrack Obama was going to hit a wall. He was going to come up against a firestorm of negative press and an insurmountable stack of negatives no candidate could survive. Mike Allen was clearly wrong.

And yet, with most of a term behind him, everyone seems to be putting their finger into the wind to test the breeze. People are coming out of the woodwork among Democrats, questioning whether B.O. is the one they should hang their hopes on, or whether they should cut and run.

It first caught my attention when GWB Demonizer Maureen Dowd slapped POTUS across the face in her column at the NYT... I mean, this is one cheerleader I never thought would contemplate throwing the game: One and Done?

Since then, I've been seeing column after column come across aggregates like realclearpolitics.com, begging the question, is he really the One? Even stalwarts like Carville are begging the President to try something new.

And now, this really has to hurt: Chicago Tribune says it's time to go.
Life begins & ends cold, naked & covered in crap.
mhosea

Re: A Democratic Primary in the Making?

Post by mhosea »

Jason Rees wrote: And yet, with most of a term behind him, everyone seems to be putting their finger into the wind to test the breeze. People are coming out of the woodwork among Democrats, questioning whether B.O. is the one they should hang their hopes on, or whether they should cut and run.
If you look at it from the democratic party perspective, it's not so much "cut and run" as the wisdom to realize that more of what does not work will not work.
Mike
Jason Rees
Site Admin

Post by Jason Rees »

Boom! The Left is actively recruiting.
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Maureen Dowd wrote:
Obama is still suffering from the Speech Illusion, the idea that he can come down from the mountain, read from a Teleprompter, cast a magic spell with his words and climb back up the mountain, while we scurry around and do what he proclaimed.

The days of spinning illusions in a Greek temple in a football stadium are done. The One is dancing on the edge of one term.

The White House team is flailing — reacting, regrouping, retrenching. It’s repugnant.

After pushing and shoving and caving to get on TV, the president’s advisers immediately began warning that the long-yearned-for jobs speech wasn’t going to be that awe-inspiring.

“The issue isn’t the size or the newness of the ideas,” one said. “It’s less the substance than how he says it, whether he seizes the moment.”
Oh man... his enemies can't write stuff this good! :lol:

For once, I tip my cap to Maureen The Sourpuss.

- Bill

P.S. My advice to all supporters of Obama is never to listen to one of his speeches. READ it later on; copies are always available. I've been doing this ever since his inauguration speech. It's embarrassing how little he says. He's all form, and no substance.
Jason Rees
Site Admin

Post by Jason Rees »

Hey, Morgan Freeman, was it racist when prominent black men stated their goal during GWB's time in office was to get him out of the WH?

Morgan Freeman has joined the nuthouse.

That's just gross.
Jason Rees
Site Admin

Post by Jason Rees »

Since she's been proposed as a Primary challenger to POTUS, I think this is well within bounds: Will we elect a woman Senator?

When will we get past this idiotic idea that it's admirable/desirable/not racist/not sexist to propose a candidate based on gender/orientation/skin color? :twisted: You'd think they'd have learned by now. Certainly there are reasons to think, based on her actions and words that she might be an admirable candidate. Why do people consistently fall back into these identity groups and hollow, narrow, dividing interests?
Jason Rees
Site Admin

Post by Jason Rees »

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”