Moderator: Van Canna
The confrontation that you’ve scripted in your own head, can quickly get out of hand. A confrontation using knives can and will turn deadly very quickly! Everybody can LOSE!
Firstly l will state in a street situation when a verbal argument turns to physical, a seasoned fighter who knows how to set you up and is the master of the sucker punch will have hit you before you know it, unless you are also tuned in to how the street assailant will punch you.
If you don't know the signs and you are not switched on, all the techniques in the world will not help you. A hefty blow to the jaw chin or temple will have you all over the place if not down and out. I have found a lot of martial artists are practicing punch defences from an unrealistic distance, 4ft to 5ft away is not a realistic distance. A person will need to be at least 3ft or nearer to effectively throw a good punch and note so will you.
Statistically the 10 most common assaults against men are:
1. Push to the chest, which is normally followed by the retaliation of a punch to the head.
2. A swinging punch to the head.
3. A one-handed front clothing grab followed by punch to the head.
4. A two-handed front clothing grab followed by a head butt.
5. A two-handed front clothing grab followed by a knee to the groin.
6. A weapon of convenience swung at the head.
7. A kick aimed at the groin or lower legs.
8. A broken bottle or glass jabbed to the face.
9. A slash with a knife.
10. A grappling style head lock.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests