uechi ryu france demo

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

shai hai

uechi ryu france demo

Post by shai hai »

every few days i will upload more clips from this demo in france.

meanwhile, theres 2, israel team and shinjo narahiro's sanseiryu

enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yud2AoR56Zg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFxMPmMb ... ure=relmfu
Bill Glasheen

Re: uechi ryu france demo

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Several comments.

First...

Dude, you have a voice! Not bad! I actually recognized the song. You frankly sing it better than anyone I've previously heard sing it. Keep it up!

I happen to believe that martial arts and music are very important cousins. From the music you can learn choreography, style, personal touch, and eventually even the ability to ad lib.

And finally...

Your choreography from 7:03 on is great fun. I see the Shinjo touch to it - martial moves that come from Kenyukai yakusoku kumite. I also see some jiujitsu (aikido) mixed in. It was all great eye candy, and very well executed.

The wall climb at 7:16 made me chuckle. Great stuff!

Keep up this kind of work, and film it all. I wish cameras were cheap back when I taught at UVa. I'd make my black belts do personalized demos at the end of every academic semester. All their work - good, bad, and just entertaining - is lost. Yours will live on.

Bill
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

I haven't personally seen Narahiro san in 27 years (plus or minus). He was at an Endicotte College camp, along with Marty Dow. I've since seen him in video clips. Here's what I noted.
  • How about that gray goatee. Great minds think alike! ;)
  • For those who don't know... Listen at the beginning and end of his kata. The noise you hear is a Shinjo family thing, and done with the teeth. Shinjo Seiyu is the man who started this. It's an intimidation thing. :-D
  • Several parts of his kata - especially certain intra-movement timing - remind me of how I do things. Scary... Through one of several sources, I've picked up stuff from him.
  • He's in absolutely incredible shape. Good to see!
- Bill
Stevie B

Post by Stevie B »

The song he is singing is in Okinawan Hogen... It's called Meenyoe! Most Okinawans can't sing it that well!!! Very impressive Shai!!!

SILENCE!!! I Kill You!!!!

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”