new vid, uploaded today, more of the france demo

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

shai hai

new vid, uploaded today, more of the france demo

Post by shai hai »

this time katas by shinjo kiyohide, and tafuku naoshi, bonkai, katas by israeli team, kumite by israeli team, tamishiwari.
subscribe on youtube and facebook to keep updated for more great vids of uechi ryu coming soon.
enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93nym_mI ... e=youtu.be
Bill Glasheen

Re: new vid, uploaded today, more of the france demo

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Very nice.

Best sparring sequence - 1:34 to 1:37. Good execution on both the attacker and defender's part.

There was the makings of a counter-throw there, but the defender apparently wasn't trained how to respond once he hit the ground. (See how the attacker briefly lost control of center.) A good jujutsu practitioner will tell you that ukemi isn't just the art of avoiding injury. It's also the art of turning a bad situation into a good one. It takes both mindset and programming to pull it off, but it was there for the taking. Food for thought. 8)

- Bill
Stevie B

Re: new vid, uploaded today, more of the france demo

Post by Stevie B »

I see it Sempai.. And Shintaro was probably being his normally over polite self... I used to play with him when he was 12 or 13... He was big for his age back then, but always a sweet kid..Point, even going after that sweep head on instead of from a side angle sets the sweeper up to either let opponent down easy or throw his lower back out if he grabs a hold.. Go 45!!!And the harder they hit the ground the better... Easier for the older guys to follow up within allotted time frame.. :lol: :lol: :lol: Here are Shintaro's good points... He uses stratagy and technique over worry for speed and power.. He's been doing it long enough to realize that structural poise beats aggression... Good lesson learned Shintaro Chan.. machigai Shinaide mata...

SILENCE!!! I Kill You!!!!

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”