Uechi-Ryu.com

Discussion Area
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:37 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ambush
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:15 am 
Site Admin

Murder

The brother of a friend of mine in California was murdered last week while going home with his wife and stepdaughter. Apparently there was a conflict over custody of the stepdaughter, and her father had threatened to kill everyone involved if he lost custody. Apparently that threat was not taken seriously.

It was an ambush involving multiple assailants (the father's friends joined him in it), guns, darkness, and a gate that the wife had the guts to crash through with the car. They survived, despite numerous gunshots aimed at the car.

Post subject: Re: Ambush
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:23 am 

Quote:
Apparently there was a conflict over custody of the stepdaughter, and her father had threatened to kill everyone involved if he lost custody. Apparently that threat was not taken seriously.

So two things: a] custody was lost and b] the threat not taken seriously.

Very common problem to live in a denial stage by relying on assumptions.

One book the victim[s] should have read thoroughly is 'The Gift of Fear' by Gavin De Becker…which also contains chapters on 'Promises to Kill' and the technology of intuition.

In years past I posted one of my cases I had for investigation and resolution:

A nice, small _ family restaurant with open bar down the south shore of Boston, on a main drag…sunny afternoon…families having dinner at the round tables…

In walk half a dozen bikersImage They take over the bar and get rowdy after many beers.

Bartender shuts them off and tells them to leave….bikers threaten bartender with coming back in twenty minutes with baseball bats and thrash the place out.

Bikers leave in a huff, the families continue to eat dinner at the tables, ignoring the whole thing…bartender continues to tend bar.

Twenty minutes later the bikers do come back with bats, destroy the place and also terrorize a family at a table killing a husband/father with a bat blow to the head.

Two questions:

1. Why did we, the insurer, settle the wrongful death action against the establishment? What should the bartender/manager have done after being threatened?

2. Why did the families at the tables just continue to seat there and have dinner.

~~

Post subject: Re: Ambush
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:38 pm 
Site Admin

That was the problem that glared at me as I read about it, Van. I'm too close, and too far away at the same time to know more right now.