Discussion Area
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Punks
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:49 am 

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=97a_1281286527

Post subject: Re: The Punks
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:52 am 

Something to think about as you train your 'stopping power' shots.

Quote:
Alcohol + Adrenaline = Painkiller of Champions!

Seriously, I've seen guys take some serious shots from impact weapons in drunken streetfights and keep going, not even realizing just how badly they were hurt until minutes after it was all over. Like skyx39 said, unless their brains get real rattled, people will keep fighting even with shattered cheekbones, cracked skulls, fractured forearms, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:17 pm 

Hard to see what that was all about. What did the guy use a baseball bat? I think he was emotionally hijacked though, you can go either way when that happens get really scared or in this case angry, neither of which state is the best to be in, and drunks can get to the state were they feel no pain, they can even be in the state were they don't know what they are doing and have no recollection the day after. A lot of kids in recent years have been drinking stuff that makes you high rather than groggy energy drinks and spirits etc. Even if the guy had beaten them all to death with the bat it would have done him no good, it was all on camera and nowadays a failed aggressor seems to get treated as a victim.
It's also a dangerous game doing what those drunks were doing it works both ways....check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psoq8qYvx18

Some kids tried to run him off the road , he was a contract killer so he killed them all. (check out 13:24)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:53 pm 

Here's a chilling movie I saw the other night with Jodie Foster turning vigilante.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_PT4zvbhFw

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:57 pm 

He did use a bat, and yes, he was highjacked...which proves anything can go wrong at any moment in ways we cannot predict.

If he had had a gun, he probably would have killed them all.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:01 pm 

Problem was, as is ths case so often these days he was caught on camera..which seems strangely to be used against good guys but not bad guys.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:20 pm 

Quote:
9 times out of 10 you're going to be selected for special attention before you're even aware of the presence of Mr. Thug and his buddies. You will be selected for things like your race, your style of dress or simply because Mr. Thug thinks he and his friends can take you. Especially that last one. Many of these types also understand the law favors them, they understand they can harass and abuse you in all kinds of ways and if you retaliate it's going to be your ass the police and prosecutors go after.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:26 pm 

Quote:
If you have not watched the Gangland series on the History Channel, then if you have Netflix you should check them out. See what kind of fools are out there that you are liable to run across at the mall, in the city centre, etc. See the level of savagery that is out there, that could rear its ugly head in YOUR face in a heartbeat. That's what you have to be ready for. Black gang bangers, Latino gang bangers, outlaw bikers, racist skinheads. They are all out there, right around the proverbial corner, and there will be a bunch of them.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:44 pm 

The term " Criminal Mastermind" is probably the greatest oxymorn invented, but criminals play the system well because they don't follow the rules, they have no respect for the courts , the police or the prosecutors and yet the system gives them rights which can't be breached.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:30 pm 

Quote:
watch a marathon showing of Gangland. Then watch the Mumbai footage. If that doesn't change your mindset, if you haven't decided before you run into them that you're going to return upon them ten-fold the violence they will deliver upon you, then stay home.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:27 am 
Site Admin

That guy was stupid to get out of his car. Five men could have easily overpowered him, taken his bat, and shoved it where the sun don't shine.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:37 pm 

True, Jason...not very smart for all kinds of reasons...but as Ray pointed out he got emotionally 'Highjacked'_

We all like to think we can control the 'urge' to get back at a bunch of punks anyway we can...but sometimes it is impossible.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:03 pm 

When you think of it...It will never be what you think it will be.

Don't ever think that it cannot happen to you. You live in a nice neighborhood, dont do drugs or hang out with those that do,dont go to bars,ect. You go about life minding your own business...yet it can happen when you least expect it, and in ways hard to predict.

I have heard of gangbangers ambushing someone at the gun range, to steal his guns. The last place anyone would think to be attacked [with guns in their hands]...

At my local range, with all kinds of security and gates...some punks snuck in and fired rifles towards homes located at the periphery of the land.

Never leave your guns unattended for even the few moments you need to go down range to change the paper targets.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:50 pm 

I think that everyone has to train themselves, know their own weaknesses, and the weaknesses in the styles that they have studied, but also to be realistic in their expectations. I have had martial arts teachers in the past who I am convinced have never been in a real fight, and yet they teach how to fight 8O

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:18 pm 

jorvik wrote:
I think that everyone has to train themselves, know their own weaknesses, and the weaknesses in the styles that they have studied, but also to be realistic in their expectations. I have had martial arts teachers in the past who I am convinced have never been in a real fight, and yet they teach how to fight 8O

I think one way to look at this is simply that any martial art, any teacher of any discipline, even of tactical know how...even a teacher who has been in fights...can only convey tool boxes and concepts [maybe a personal experience] that will become helpful in survival situations. Other than that, any fight on the street is a flip of the coin.