Uechi-Ryu.com

Discussion Area
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:36 pm 

Laird, my good friend from Canada, has been following this thread and he just wrote me that Actually it’s not Canada stopping the cross border shipping it’s our own nation under the restrictive I.T.A.R. laws.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internatio ... egulations
Quote:
I guess the legislators didn’t realize that there is no land link to Alaska. That sure is going to make ammo expensive if it has to come by ship or plane instead of truck or rail.

As a firearm owner in Canada I got to tell you ITAR and Homeland security ****** big time! I have a heck of a time bringing anything across the border. Some companies flat out refuse to sell to Canada as the fines for ITAR violations are huge.
Laird

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:26 am 

10 mm woes:
Quote:
I recently bought a Glock G29. I really like the caliber and the pistol. I am thinking about carrying it. However, I do have some serious concerns.

I remember the story of the man who scared off two dogs, then used his pistol on their owner. The DA railed about the use if the mighty 10mm.

Is carrying an odd caliber like the 10mm, setting myself up for potential problems if it is ever used for self defense ?

Mas Ayoob
Quote:
That was Arizona v. Harold Fish, where the prosecution argued that the defendant's 10mm pistol was excessively powerful and therefore an indication of malicious intent. I think that argument could and should have been neutralized by the defense, but it was not.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:07 am 
Site Admin

Van Canna wrote:
Laird, my good friend from Canada, has been following this thread and he just wrote me that Actually it’s not Canada stopping the cross border shipping it’s our own nation under the restrictive I.T.A.R. laws.

Fascinating. Looks like I have something to relate to people when they harp on Canada for this. :agrue:

Quote:
That was Arizona v. Harold Fish, where the prosecution argued that the defendant's 10mm pistol was excessively powerful and therefore an indication of malicious intent. I think that argument could and should have been neutralized by the defense, but it was not.

Something to consider, I suppose, once I leave Alaska. In the meantime, 10mm is one of the smaller handguns in general use here, and a jury would laugh at the prosecution. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:29 pm 

I think it goes a bit deeper than the right to bear arms.and is very worrying......over here as well :x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ7PX0Me ... r_embedded

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:06 am 
Site Admin

While the NDAA is definitely something worthy of some pretty serious questioning, I'm not as concerned about the govt coming after me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:22 pm 

Well the Reich didn't single out any particular Jew :( ...............just look at some alternative media and you will start to get worried...Despite the difference in party line they all seem to follow the same agenda, the Patriot Act, The National Defence authorisation Act.indiscriminate killing of people ( including American Citizens) with drones....and the bailing out of big business like Banks............" the meeting of state and corporate Business is Fascsim" Benito Mussolini

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEyuZtd_ ... r_embedded

Get worried Jason

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:55 pm 

Gotta love Italy :lol: ...soon this Euro rubbish may all unravel due to their courage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:22 pm 

Yeah but still a mess one way or another.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ ... story.html

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:53 am 
Site Admin

No point in worrying. Do what you can with what you have. Everything else is in the hands of Providence.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:27 pm 

They are calling Beppe Grillo a comedian, he is not he is a satirist, and he doesn't make people laugh, he makes them think
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dEemZ2pVyo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:49 pm 

Anybody got any thoughts about Cyprus and the theft of savers money? seems like Gold is a good idea after all. The only thing worse than being a Cypriot saver is being a Cypriot Politicians who has robbed the Russian Mafia of their savings ( the Ex KGB guys are in the Mafia and they keep their money in Cyprus)..........Russians don't forget or forgive :roll: .might read about some "Accidents" soon

Just for chuckles
Russian Gangsta Rap ( nice girls though :wink: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeAGlrlzVvg

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:02 pm 

Prepping is always an activity worthy of much thought. I'm of the mind that what we prep is based on that which we prepare for. Gold could be a valued item with the collapse of currency. If we are looking at a total global collapse of society and logistical supply structure , precious metals would be of little value.

However salt, sugar and curing agents for meats and spices might become more valuable than gold in a land with no supply chain and no energy source to run the infrastructure created to safely store food supplies. Harvesting meat with no means to save it for future meals becomes an activity that sometimes burns more calories that it provides.

In a total collapse of society the ability to smoke and cure meat might be a very valuable commodity. Interesting enough all mammals come with enough brain to brain tan the hide. They also come with significant natural sausage casing to preserve a significant portion of the kill as smoked sausage.

If your only meat source becomes man meat, each man comes with 27 feet of sausage casing and enough brain to tan all the leather. All You need is the knowledge to know how.

Billions of people clamoring for limed resources and no means to store them it won't belong before the worlds most valuable commodity becomes food.

Fuel, alcohol and women might also become prized commodities. Weapons and there components certainly will become currency of barter.

The recent hoarding of ammo, guns and component parts certainly revealed how quickly this material will disappear when life hits the fan blades. I am now committed to acquiring and saving significant spare parts for my weapons platforms and optical systems along with larger stores of ammo and reloading components.

~Laird

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:46 am 

Great incisive post Laird, giving us much to think about what we take for granted.

And welcome back to the forum, my friend...been a longtime.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:23 am 

It has been too long Van, good to be back.

~Laird

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:54 am 

Just too cool

Edit ......... That's kiwi for welcome back sifu

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next