Post subject: Tough Guns Rule
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:25 am 

On Gabe's forum_

Received from John Farnam this morning:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
31 Aug 05

Comments on the catastrophe in New Orleans:

Quote:
"Real reason the Superdome is being evacuated is that there have been so many assaults, robberies, and rapes, everyone has concluded it is unsafe to remain there."

"Firearm section of Wall-Marts have all been cleaned out by gangs of looters. Bands of armed VCAs* are freely roaming the city now, committing violent crimes at will, unafraid of interference from police or the National Guard."

"My mother is here with me in Baton Rouge. We are running off a generator. There is enough juice for lights, fans, and the refrigerator, but not enough for central air.

My brothers are staying at their homes to protect them from looting, which is rampant. No one begrudges the hungry for taking food, but
these people are taking everything of value except food, including appliances, athletic shoes, and booze. They are also committing rapes and assaults. Both my brothers have found it necessary to point shotguns at roaming bands of
looters.

Fortunately, the looters immediately thought of somewhere else they needed to be! They're impressed with firepower, little else. Gunshots can be
heard throughout the area. One can call the police, but they’re not coming."

"Real life is different from the square range, eh? In real life, tough guns rule! After a beautifully-blued, tightly-fitted, tack driving 1911 rusts shut, the owner might be looking for a good spear. He'll surely need something, considering the antics of the disturbed classes down here!”

"I've decided to change my procedure for going to back-up pistol. I will now retain my primary pistol rather than jettisoning it. Tossing the only other gun I have into two feet of dirty water is a bad idea when no help is coming for the foreseeable future.

Same with reloading. I'm making the permanent transition to military reloading**, rather than speed reloading. Give the current direction of world history, I've come to believe these changes in personal tactical doctrine are necessary."

/John

* Violent Criminal Actors.
** Military Reload: “Make a hole, fill a hole.” Remove the empty or partial
magazine and put it into your pocket then fill the mag well with a completely
loaded one. (Note the difference from a Tactical Load.) dg.

Post subject: Re: Tough Guns Rule
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:31 am 

Quote:
What is the difference between "military reloading" and "speed reloading?"

Speed reload it when you just drop the mag in your gun on the ground as you are going for your fresh one, empty or with some ammo in it.

Military/tactical means to keep your depleted mag with you weather it had ammo in it or not.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:26 pm 

"Firearm section of Wall-Marts have all been cleaned out by gangs of looters. Bands of armed VCAs* are freely roaming the city now, committing violent crimes at will, unafraid of interference from police or the National Guard."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:46 pm 

Quote:
My brothers are staying at their homes to protect them from looting, which is rampant. No one begrudges the hungry for taking food, but
these people are taking everything of value except food, including appliances, athletic shoes, and booze. They are also committing rapes and assaults. Both my brothers have found it necessary to point shotguns at roaming bands of
looters.

What would we point at the looters?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:06 am 
Site Admin

Everything.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:51 am 

Kel Tec shot gun or Ar 15 or m14

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:26 am 

Looters do fear the look of the 'evil black rifle'

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:33 am 

Of course what happened in New Orleans could never happen where we live.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:36 am 

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... Id=5063796

Quote:
A Rise in Reported Assaults

Concerned over unreported and underreported rapes, her organization, together with the National Sexual Violence Resource Center — which is funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention — created a national database to track sexual assaults that happened after Katrina. In the six weeks since the Web site has been up, with almost no publicity, it has received 42 reports of sexual assaults.

A spokesperson with the Resource Center said the number is steadily growing. Already, these preliminary cases show a high number of gang rapes and rapes by strangers, both unusual characteristics. The 42 reports include assaults that happened inside New Orleans and outside the city, for instance, in host homes.

Another group, Witness Justice, a Maryland-based non-profit that assists victims of violent crimes, claims to have received 156 reports of post-Katrina violent crimes; about a third of those involved sexual assaults.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:46 am 

Gabe Suarez
Quote:
Increase In Shootings In Southern California

At the Polite Society Forum there has been a discussion of the increase in shootings.

There was some discussion on how the police really cannot do anything to "prevent" this sort of thing in the long run and how the answer (unlikely in a communist state like California) is simply to recognize every citizen's right to own and carry weapons.

There was discussions on how some believe bad guys to be poor shots, and how I believe that they are as good as the LCD cops now populating much of law enforcement. Also how their attitude and ability to actually begin things on most occasions cannot be understated.

I also wrote the following ......

"Develop your will to kill. No nice, politically-correct, police chief approved way to say it. DEVELOP YOUR WILL TO KILL. Without it you are just playing gun games.

Get good at FIGHTING the 0-6 foot interval. This is where you die, not at the Distinguished Graduate Distance of 25 yards. Some gun guys call it "The Hole". Rather than trying to pretend its not there, you should learn to call it home because it will be where the fight will happen. And before you think a Speed Rock or a Step Back will help you test them out in Force on Force.

Lastly, but perhaps in line with item one - Get comfortable with the idea of inflicting pain and physical damage on your attackers. Seeing his blood should be a happy thing. Compassion and Mercy are nice traits...BUT NOT IN BATTLE. Once it begins, attack! Shoot them to the ground, reload and shoot more. No one will give a rat's a** how tight your group was. Sure we want to hit upper thoracic, but anything your bullets touch will hurt and bleed. "