It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:35 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: A stabbing in Church
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:00 am 

http://www.policeone.com/edged-weapons/ ... id=6213078

Evil in the world is alive and well.

Post subject: Re: A stabbing in Church
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:12 pm 

He's not evil Van, he probably just played with toy knives as a child. :roll: A victim of society and non enlighten parents. This would not have happened if he had played with gender neutral dolls instead of weapons in his formative years. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:31 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:19 pm 

Irresponsible! give the kid a book!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:09 pm 

Well sikhs have to carry a knife as part of their religion and they can do so legally in England..............but an Ebglishman can't :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:14 pm 

The answer might be to carry a gun in church...many do because there have been church shootings. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:27 am 

Van Canna wrote:
The answer might be to carry a gun in church...many do because there have been church shootings. :mrgreen:
I figure if you can carry you should. At least the priest is there to give them their last rites :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:36 am 

Driving a bus these days. May change shortly taking a look at running heavy equipment.

Bus drivers are not fond of big blades.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Tim_McLean

I tell my passengers no machetes and no eating on the bus. :roll: :roll: :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbNQk5vUOmY

This is what happens if you don't carry. :?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:18 pm 

Where I live driving a local bus isn't that much differnt than working the doors, except you have no backup, but you still have the drunks and the loonies.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:53 pm 

Feur wrote:
Van Canna wrote:
I figure if you can carry you should. At least the priest is there to give them their last rites :mrgreen:

Wondering if carrying in Church might be a sin.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:01 pm 

jorvik wrote:
Where I live driving a local bus isn't that much differnt than working the doors, except you have no backup, but you still have the drunks and the loonies.

It makes one think of what would be the best tactics/techniques for self defense in the confines of a moving bus against several loonies.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:38 am 

Van Canna wrote:
Feur wrote:
Van Canna wrote:

Wondering if carrying in Church might be a sin.
I see it as doing Gods work!

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:59 am 

Thinking about it it is no different from fighting from a wheelchair. You are stuck in a seat...I guess being able to generate force from a seated postion would be important and I suppose some finger/thumb and joint locks would work. In Aikido you defend from a seated position but it is little different.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:59 pm 

This happened back in 2008 and sent shock waves through the country.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/200 ... anada.html

Imagine, you settle in for a nice comfortable bus ride, take a nap, and wake up to someone cutting your head off!

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:11 pm 

jorvik wrote:
Thinking about it it is no different from fighting from a wheelchair. You are stuck in a seat...I guess being able to generate force from a seated position would be important and I suppose some finger/thumb and joint locks would work. In Aikido you defend from a seated position but it is little different.
Good post Ray! violence is often a confined venue, perps always stack the conflict in their favour. A response to this sort of task rarely is explored in the dojo. We use to train in vehicles, it's a bad place to get attacked.

After fighting in passenger vehicles I think buses are roomy! There are two types of buses, transit buses and motor coaches. In both vehicles the potential to get stuffed into a confined spaces and beaten into pulp are very real.

Ray points out that locks pain compliance are good options, I agree they create space and allow you to move to a more dominant position.

One thing that often is neglected in these discussions is the use of ambiance as a weapon. Buses are full of impact points that can be fight ending. Motor coaches (tour buses) have less hard decor than transit buses and subway cars. The latter two have lots of steel pipe available for hand holds for standing passengers. These are excellent surfaces to wrap a limb around for joint control/ pain compliance. They also are great anvils for busting the melon!

Motor coaches don't have as many of these surfaces but they still exist. All motor vehicles have windows and smashing heads and faces into them is comparable to beating a head into a steel anvil, you will cause significant harm!

All buses have entrances they provide steel hand rails and stair wells. This area provides you steel pipes and sharp corners to slam a body into . After hammering someones head into the steel pipes drop them head first into the stair well it's full of 90 degree edges and will cause damage. You can then mount them or stomp them, my preference is to just hit the air switch and let them roll to the street. As you drive away you have the rear axial roll over them if your feeling vindictive.

Seat belts are not much of a weapon these days as they are retractable which limits there function as a choking or striking device. However if the drivers radio mike is available you've got a kick ass weapon at your disposal. Think of a rock on the end of a wire, you can hold the push to send speaker in your hand and hammer folks like it's a rock in your hand. You can grab the wire and swing it from longer distances, think brick on the end of a string on the end of a limb, huge impact! The wire can also be used to choke and the jack end of the mic is a great impact weapon. If it's a male jack it's like a point steel shoken stick it in where it will hurt. If it's equipped with a female jack it's use as a poking weapon will be limited but it will scrape out long furrows of flesh if you use it as a gouging scrapping tool!

Think out of the box, abandon the rule sets, and be more violent than those who seek to harm you! Win or lose, those that choose to engage you should regret it for the rest of their lives.