That's a horrific story sensei
I am beginning to see why you hold the position that you do on firearms.
The repercussions are even more evil.
1. Untold emotional upheaval, anger, guilt and blame of the survivors piling upon one another.
2. Cousin having to sell the house and move elsewhere to escape phone calls from the killers warning 'remember you still have another daughter' designed to intimidate husband and wife to not ever cooperate with the police in meaningful ways.
3. Having moved to two new locations and still receiving phone calls despite their phone number being unlisted.
4. Living a life of terror afraid of more killing. Police useless in protecting and catching the killers.
5. Wife leaving husband and fleeing back to Russia, abandoning the other daughter.
There is more but not for publication.
Imagine their thoughts...we were not able to protect our daughter.
Police told them they were lucky the invaders did not finish the job by raping the other daughter, the wife, then killing them all to erase all witnesses.