Uechi-Ryu.com

Discussion Area
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:38 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:25 pm 

Hey Van. They had bats. And yes that was his reasoning. Although he never testified.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:03 am 

Thanks Steve. Those bats might have been used against some other hapless victim.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:40 pm 

I'm truly convinced that it's community (and that could be county, state, nation, etc.) outrage is key to these types of laws. If the community outrage is stronger than the activists involved, then the law stands. And I'm convinced that certain activists are not really out to make things better. If things got better, they'd be out of a job and without a platform to crow from. So.....in this case here's my call.

1 Had we not had an African American Attorney General, had we not had an African American President, had we not had Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson jumping on the racial bandwagon, this trial would never have happened much less had a different outcome.
2. This is similar to the "outcry" that occurred when 911 happened "in this sense". When the community (in this case the Nation) is outraged at a behavior or incident, they will react strongly. Everyone was on board with "getting those filthy b.......s" right after the incident. Not until time had passed did certain segments of society begin the blame game and change their tunes.

It's interesting at the "cricket" like quiet going on from these same folks over the three blacks beating a white boy to sleep on the bus that has gone viral on the news. And the media coverage of that trial, should it ever go to trial in the absence of any outcry from Al, Jessie, Eric and Barrack.
That's my story and I"m stickin too it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:19 pm 

Sobering post indeed, Steve.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:52 am 

'delete'