A strong core is sexy

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Bill Glasheen

A strong core is sexy

Post by Bill Glasheen »

If you have puritanical hangups, please go away. If you respect the human body and have a sense of humor, well read on.

I have female students who scan the web looking for fun ways to work on their booties and legs. In doing so, they stumble on these videos that are... well... Let's just say that the producers know they're getting a response.

Here are some very fun ways to think about the Sanchin tuck. This borders on erotic dancing to rap, but this young lady is the real deal. Note the combination of flexibility, coordination, and strength. And I have no problem with the cheese, but then that's me. Much of the "wave cheese" by the way is the kind of coordination needed for me to be able to teach someone body-whipping motions in Sanchin.

..... Miamis Bambi - Ass Shaking Wave Workout by Darci feat

You got problems with "Uechi Hula"? I don't. The person who came up with that expression by the way (to disparage a well-known Okinawan Uechi master) is totally incapable of any such motion due to ... uh ... excessive fattitude. Eat your heart out, beach! 8)

Here are ways to work on strong legs and booties. Kayla obviously was gifted by Nature. That said, she's got great strength and endurance, and perfect technique. View all the way to the end where she does explosive movements based on an Olympic-style clean.

.....Big Booty Butt Building Home Exercises!

A shout out to my female students who know how to keep their sensei both informed and entertained. 8)

Don't sit like a pervert and hide this from your wives and girlfriends. For god's sake... pass it along to them. These exercises are much better when viewed in the flesh, and the results speak for themselves.

I do similar work on my own. However, I do it with weights (and fewer reps) and I spare my gym mates any public displays. The booty gyrations however should not be done with weights. Resistance training for those degrees of freedom of motion need to be done a few degrees of freedom at a time to avoid back injury.

- Bill
jorvik

Re: A strong core is sexy

Post by jorvik »

Absolutely Bill, finally we agree on something :lol: ...personally I think the Russians know a thing or two.systema,kettlebells, and this young lady.........................I learnt a lot from this but continue to watch, just to improve my technique, and understanding :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS07tj50bqc

I hope you enjoy this as much as I continue to
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Nice triceps! And of course you need good lats and trunk muscles to hold that posture. Yea... that's my story and I'm sticking with it! 8)

Love the accent. It's like my graduate school physiology instructor, who had an undergraduate degree from The Sorbonne in Paris. While she wasn't a young beauty when I learned from her, she made learning physiology fun. I especially loved hearing her say smooth muscle (smoos mussle) and esophagus (A-so-FAG-us).

- Bill
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

These exercises - and the awesome booties - just keep coming. Same great female students of mine. THEY ROCK!

..... Butt Transformation Workout!!! 30 Days

Squats are obviously the foundation of everything else you do with the booty.

Walking lunges kick my arse more than any other exercise I do. I can be squatting a lifetime max, and a (properly done) set of walking lunges will make my arse sore the next day. That said... A month ago I had someone stop me and say he was absolutely blown away that I was doing very long walking lunges with a 90 pound barbell on my shoulders. I never gave it much thought... I used to do more. I guess it's one of those things I do well. There are no shy booties in my family.

Pay close attention to the squat exercise done with the medicine ball. Pay *very* close attention. Can you visualize the mechanics of a jodan uke or the double jodan hiraken moves in Uechi? If you can't, then your mechanics are decaffeinated. Or as Van would say, you're doing "Dead fish kata." Tomoyose Ryuko once said that his dad (the famous Ryuyu Tomoyose) blew him away by uprooting him repeatedly with that motion. This he did as a very old man, just checking how his son was doing with his martial arts. Food for thought.

I also really like the plyometric jump onto the platform. Very interesting... Also trains the hip adductors. That straddling start is good for horse stance strength.

Oh, and nice booty! :multi:

- Bill
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

More of the same, with a more bountiful bootie. All good stuff, although this is mostly muscle isolation.

..... Big BUTT Home Workout!!!!!!

Be careful of the knee alignment on the side-to-side exercises. Women in particular have problems with that alignment, putting them at higher risk (than men) for ACL injuries. Good posture is a must on all this leg, bootie, and trunk work. Working hard without working smart means guaranteed injury.

- Bill
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

From an article my female friend sent me.

Not this..

... but THIS!

- Bill
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

And of course we need to bring in the video.

..... Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back

For you white folk...

..... Cameron Diaz Dance I Like Big Butts Baby Got Back 1992

- Bill
jorvik

Post by jorvik »

Then of course there are your naturals.those who don't nee to try ( that hard)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m1EFMoRFvY

and in my corse brutish anglo saxon way the phrase " I'd kick her back door down" comes to mind :D
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

jorvik wrote:Then of course there are your naturals.those who don't nee to try ( that hard)
Don't kid yourself, Ray. All three of them are professional dancers. They're better athletes than 90 percent of the people who post here, and they work for what you see.

It reminds me of when I took World History in public summer school (in-between 9th and 10th grade) to get that credit out of the way so I could do more math during the school year. Half the class was people like me, and the other was people who failed it during the school year. They'd see me nervously studying before a test, and say "Man, you don't need to study. You're smart! You're gonna get an A no matter what!" Well they were half right. I was going to get an A, but it wasn't spontaneous generation. In fact that summer was the start of me turning my academic life around, and owning my future. My parents no longer needed to tell me to work. They only worried about my organization and my bad sleep habits. I saw what good work brought, and I saw where I'd go if I didn't study.

A little-known show here from the 1980s - In Living Color - was the start of a career for two notables: Jim Carrey (famous for his Fireman Bob skits), and Jennifer Lopez. J Lo wasn't just a singer; she was also a dancer. Every show, they had at least one if not several hip-hop routines done by The Fly Girls. If you look carefully, you'll see her here.

..... Jennifer Lopez in Living Color

J Lo's back isn't just Nature. A lot of Nurture went into that bodacious booty.

Here's a Jim Carrey skit on the same show.

..... ..... Jim Carrey - In Living Color(Old school)

- Bill

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”