Uechi-Ryu.com

Discussion Area
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Free dvd
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:35 pm 

Hi Van, tried to message you but I couldn't figure out how to send the message to a particular person. Because of a shipping problem, I inadvertently ended up with 2 sets of a dvd set that I ordered online. I would rather give it to someone than sell it, and as I don't teach or belong to a school, I thought of you. I doubt you would learn anything new from it, but it would probably give you a smile as it is related to what you have been teaching on this forum. I figure if you don't decide to keep it, you could pass it on to someone who could benefit from it, or let me know who to send it to. It is really good and would be the first things that I would teach anyone looking for information on how to survive a violent assault.

For once, I have an opportunity to give something. Please message me your mailing address or someone who has an interest in free stuff, because I don't have anyone to give it to.

Post subject: Re: Free dvd
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:02 am 

Thank you my friend. Have sent you a PM with my email address and home address.

Very nice of you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:00 pm 

Hi 5D

Just received the DVD set package and I want to thank you again for thinking of me and for your kindess.

As soon as time permits I will review each and everyone of those discs as I am intrigued by the 'special forces' techniques they apparently represent.

Will keep you posted as to my thoughts here on each one.

All the best,

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:01 pm 

You're welcome, Van. Hey glad to have someone to send them to, as they won't be wasted.

Van Canna: "I will review each and everyone of those discs as I am intrigued by the 'special forces' techniques they apparently represent." - 8) I would be interested in your thoughts on what he shows. For the most part, it seems to be congruent with what I have seen from Carl Cestari's combatives DVD's and also with the principles in the LINE system that was used by the Marine Corps, Special Forces units, and is still apparently taught to various groups. The LINE system as presented by the person who developed it, is also available in it's entirety through Paladin Press.

I started looking at this kind of thing in an attempt to explore the possible original intent for movements in some kata, judo, etc. that evolved over time for reasons that have been discussed endlessly on these forums.