Athleticism in another (traditionally provocative) venue

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Bill Glasheen

Athleticism in another (traditionally provocative) venue

Post by Bill Glasheen »

With all the people I've taught through the years, I've come to appreciate the skills that people from other sports and physical activities bring into martial arts. After all, Okinawans were good in karate in the context of being farmers and fishermen. Having just done my annual core aeration of my lawn - something I do because I can't hire someone to do it the way I want it done - I can appreciate that. Better gym training makes it easier for me to spend a day on that machine, and vice versa.

That said...

One of my female karate students who also is training in belly dancing sent this to me. For the record, she fully intended for me to post this. Pole dancing has traditionally been thought of as an activity done at "gentlemen's clubs." That's a euphemism for "tittybars." I can honestly say I've never been to one of these places, as it's no fun for me if a woman has no interest in me. That said, I've worked out in gyms where quite a few of the women who work at these places (south side of Richmond) train. Most of the good ones are very nice, and easy on the eyes. One I befriended for some time ended up in physical therapy.

So without further ado, prepare to be amazed. This is more than boner material; this woman rocks. I would kill to have her as a student.

..... 2012 US Pole Dance Champion - Michelle Stanek

Note how she steals from gymnastics, ballet, and martial arts. Or as Milton Berle used to say, "I know a good joke when I steal it." Only her execution is breathtaking.

- Bill
Van Canna

Re: Athleticism in another (traditionally provocative) venue

Post by Van Canna »

8O
Van
jorvik

Re: Athleticism in another (traditionally provocative) venue

Post by jorvik »

The Woman's body needs exercise just like the males....I'm a great proponent of this :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi4HQUPJRdo

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”