PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:58 am 

http://www.judoinfo.com/pdf/PressurePoints.pdf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:40 am 

Excellent resource Van

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:33 pm 

Thanks Stryke. Always a student.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:00 am 

8)

It is important to realize that no matter how big or strong someone is, and no matter what their intent is, it is possible to stop them from harming another human being. We as humans are very resilient, but the people who prey on others tend to forget that even they have weaknesses that can be exploited for effect.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:20 am 

One of the targets highlighted here, goes all the way back to the bible. And then there is "Achilles Heel".

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:47 am 

I have pretty much no problem agreeing with the whole list , and have never seen such a simple , well put together and accurate list , pretty much point for point what I personally think is simple reliable and effective.

a couple of minor bits I may disagree with but it would be nitpicking

Quote:
Brachial plexus clavicle notch pressure point. This center is behind the
collarbone in a hollow about halfway between the breastbone and the
shoulder joint. The strike should be delivered with a small-impact weapon
or the tip of the thumb to create high-level mental stunning and dysfunction
of the affected arm.

pretty much what I was advocating as a gouge on Henrys thread , I think it a very good point about impacting with the thumb , when I form the cranes beak the thumb leads the fingertips equally. As a gouge you can grab the trap and put them down fast , this stuff really does work.

Quote:
It is important to realize that no matter how big or strong someone is, and no matter what their intent is, it is possible to stop them from harming another human being. We as humans are very resilient, but the people who prey on others tend to forget that even they have weaknesses that can be exploited for effect.

Awesome point , I think martial arts should really emphasise this , I don't really understand the confidence some people have , as bad luck can be the end of any of us , the ability to take someone out should be balanced with the appreciation how fragile life is and how serious it is.

The caveats of the danger of martial arts should not be needed everytime you fight it is potentially lethal regardless of skill level and should be approached as such.... last resort.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:08 am 

Stryke: "the ability to take someone out should be balanced with the appreciation how fragile life is and how serious it is."

8)

Life is meaningless if it is not appreciated. How fragile life is and how serious it is, would be a good mindset in which to practice kata. And may we experience every aspect of our lives in the same sense.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:14 am 

fivedragons wrote:
Stryke: "the ability to take someone out should be balanced with the appreciation how fragile life is and how serious it is."

8)

Life is meaningless if it is not appreciated. How fragile life is and how serious it is, would be a good mindset in which to practice kata. And may we experience every aspect of our lives in the same sense.

And of course that leads to how we must treasure and protect it ...... so were not completely lotus when the phsyco Muppets cometh :evilbat: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:22 am 

Well, it is what it is, and there it is. :lol:

And the psycho muppets can f#ck themselves. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:16 pm 

I really like the comments by Stryke and five dragons.

Stryke
Quote:
The caveats of the danger of martial arts should not be needed everytime you fight it is potentially lethal regardless of skill level and should be approached as such.... last resort.

I think Stryke also means, unless I misread, that the caveat goes both ways.

Anybody can be had and this includes 'us' regardless of how tough, and how skilled, we think we are empty handed or with weapons.

Needless to say, there is a tendency for trained martial artists, to 'stand their ground, _ or fall easy prey to the ever present 'provocations of life'_
something that I call the 'but for' rule. 'But for' your training and 'confidence' or 'saving face' ...you will engage in a fight, or even go looking for one_ instead of just backing off.

And this insidious mind set has a way of continuing into the aging process, imperceptibly, where your body is no longer 'what it used to be' in so many ways we may even deny.

I recall an old story...several newly 'crowned shodans' in Uechi...many moons ago...wanting to prove themselves...went looking for a fight down the then Boston's 'combat zone'...

Yup, they did find it, all right. A miracle to get out alive.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:53 pm 

Absolutely my intention Van, agree with your post.

Both sides of the coin can be used to aid us with the right mindset.

Keep both sides in check , and train extra hard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:35 am 

Right on Stryke. Some here might recall the case I investigated that occurred in the Roxbury area of Ma...not a very safe place...where a young karate black belt was ambushed in a stairwell by a Jamaican ganbanger, the former boyfriend of his girl who lived on the top floor of the building.

It is fine to 'strut' feeling almost invincible by the training one may have received, but death is always around the corner.

The black belt didn't have a chance against the ruthless attacker who cut his throat from ear to ear in the midst of his desperate shouts for help that nobody responded to.

When I was in the building the next morning to investigate, blood was still spattered on the walls and ceiling and tenants were terrified to open their doors and say anything.

The few that spoke to me described a night of horrors. And none dared open their doors to try to help the hapless victim, frozen in abject fear.

The tenants felt terrified of consequences, and ashamed. There was a pall of gloom, a state of melancholy _ depression...and despondency in the whole building.

Hard to imagine what it was like unless you were there. One significant example of how extreme violence will grip men's souls.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:01 pm 

fivedragons wrote:
psycho muppets can f#ck themselves. 8)
muppets breeding themselves produces more furrry critters. :mrgreen:

Good list of areas to attack. They are all not one shot takeout spots but pain causes predictable movement and that sets up more opportunities to shut down the EBG! Good targets produce good results.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:36 pm 

Caveat: The Tribbles from Star Trek should NOT be allowed to have fun amongst themselves. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:56 pm 

fivedragons wrote:
Caveat: The Tribbles from Star Trek should NOT be allowed to have fun amongst themselves. :lol:
Trouble with Tribbles, damn your an old fart!