Uechi-Ryu.com

Discussion Area
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:10 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:58 pm 

Amen, 5D...we all love you here. :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:05 am 

Van, you do realize that you, George, Bill and the others who know who they are, are pretty much like super-heroes to people like me. I only know just enough about martial arts to appreciate it, but you are the ones who embody the tradition that people look to when they think of the mythical "way" that doesn't have a place in the society of instant gratification, but everyone knows in the back of their mind, has been there all along, like a deep river.

It is amazing to think of the waves of influence that spread throughout the world with this kind of teaching.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:23 am 

Hi 5D

I think everyone here will agree with me that you are the true hero in having been so brave to survive the hell you have been through, none of us can imagine, my friend.

And your kindness is overwhelming...you have a good heart and are a real treasure on this forum.

Be well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:37 pm 

Sorry I've been busy and just saw this post -- 5D -- excellent thank you for posting it.

Everyone else's comments are dead on 100% correct.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:31 pm 

Great post by Mr.Dragon.but I think that he is saying something that few people get.....habit predicts 47% of the things that we do, so if you live in an environment that is dangerous you quickly adapt and develop habits, that help you survive .Mr.Dragon lived in this environment, he may not have chosen to do so, but maybe his life choices led him there..and he developed habits that helped him survive..we all do this.we adapt to our environment.....sometimes our perception of our environment is wrong ,we think we are safe when we are not, or in danger when we are not. We can see this in all walks of life..I am fascinated by the stock market, trading etc...but I am not in that environment :cry: ...I can read books about it..but it's not the same....I read books on wilderness survival.but I'm sure Laird could teach me things that I haven't even considered......in my formative years I lived in very bad areas ( although we don't realise it at the time :lol: ).getting robbed at age 9 for pennies at knifepoint....then I spent 25 years in a prosecuting authority and saw more of what went on...............It is something every animal knows instinctively, you have to adapt to your environment, they do it seamlessly...but few humans realise this..and cops and the like don't get it they work their shift patterns and do it maybe 12/7..and they observe or intrude from a position of strength....and that is very different from living it 24/7 from a position of weakness. :wink: .......the Chinese say" learn Kung fu from a small weak woman".....a lot of wisdom in that statement