Windows Sound Recorder

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Lori

Windows Sound Recorder

Post by Lori »

Anthony-san,

I've been trying to record a various things with the Windows Sound Recorder that came with Windoze 95 - the recorder runs and stops at 15.92 seconds - and so far I have not found a way to lenghthen the recording time - I can add to the file continuously, making it longer and longer, but this interrupts the recording with stops and starts and pauses - can you help me out with this one?

Thanks!
Lori
Lori

Windows Sound Recorder

Post by Lori »

Thanks Tony-san,

Actually my hard drive is getting rather full - I've started archiving and trashing what i can - from there it'll be time for the ole defrag again and hopefully that will make a difference - thankfully the sound stuff isn't time critical - I was just experimenting - I'll try again when I get done "housekeeping."

Thanks to you and Dakkon for the help!

Peace,
Lori
Dakkon

Windows Sound Recorder

Post by Dakkon »

Lori-San,
Tony-San is correct as far as the memory and hrad drive space goes. I can get 60 sec with 64megs and a 60meg swap file. This is on a Win `98 machine. It seems to me it was the same when i ran `95 so the Memory is the key.
Sound forge is SWEET !!!! great progam !!!
You will love it !!
I recommend more memory ! Microsoft's answer to any prob. after rebooting don't work ;-)
Lori

Windows Sound Recorder

Post by Lori »

Tony and Dakkon,

Thanks for the advice! This poor old computer has served me well - but it is definitely struggling to keep up with the times - I'm going to have to break down and upgrade pretty soon - maybe when I sell that novel I've been working on for so long...Yeah Right! Well anyway looking forward to upgrading soon and using the new software.
Thanks again!

Peace,
Lori

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”