Active-x DLL assistance

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

moulton

Active-x DLL assistance

Post by moulton »

I hope the technical column is the right place to ask for this.

I am writing a DLL using the DAO of MFC to manipulate Access-97 tables and need a little help. Can someone either offer assistance or point me in the right direction where I can find some?

Allen
moulton

Active-x DLL assistance

Post by moulton »

Hello Anthony.

I posted something on Microsoft's bulletin board several days ago and nothing yet.

If one works within well-defined guidelines there are many books (I bought and read 6 in the last 2 weeks) out there to help. However most problems I am tasked to solve are rarely straightforward and this one's got me stumped. The solution is simple but finding the key is not.

Searches on the web generate nada, zip, nyet, nothing. I can't use the newsgroups on site because of the firewall. Actually I haven't thought about getting onto a newsgroup from here; thanx.

Allen
moulton

Active-x DLL assistance

Post by moulton »

Anthony,

I managed to stumble into the solution I was looking for without even realizing it before help arrived from access usegroups. Pretty neat tool to work with in C++. I also found out that entire websites can be built into an Access-97 database and that database placed on a server; bthere are some sites which are currently "Access-Powered". Don't know the mechanism (yet), haven't had time to investigate, but the database we briefly discussed several months ago could be placed on the internet and anyone with Access-97 or Access 2000 could operate off one common Active-X database for all their contact and mailing needs as well as updating it. All the Uechi-ryu sites on the internet could look like they were one huge website with links feeding each other with commonalities existing which would facilitate loading of different sites. Just a thought.

Allen
moulton

Active-x DLL assistance

Post by moulton »

Future, man. Future!

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”