It is what it its

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:29 am 

:lol: here's a cynic...

http://youtu.be/R5GFgulByuM

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:40 am 

Lmao :lol: :lol: :lol:

he cheered me up

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:09 am 

No problem 5D...emotions are what drives the world in a mad spin...funny thing is so may people are critical of emotion in others [well you shouldn't have 'thin skin' they bleat] but then when they come within the scope's crosshairs, they fall to pieces.

In the Infantry, we were told that we should live life like a good soldier, falling out in formation every morning wearing our M1 Garand over the shoulder and march into the forest of vipers.

Imagine you are an employee on a job, and you mistakenly make a safety violation that causes another to lose his life.

You then sit shaking awaiting state and federal investigators to show up and grill you for hours and possibly be referred to the State DA for felony prosecution...and nobody tells you your rights about being represented by counsel.

Being bullied is always around the corner for any of us in so many ways.

In another case, this hapless 23 year old kid, was hit by falling steel rings piled up too high by a fellow employee using a fork lift.

The kid was cut in half, laying there in two pieces, in total shock and asking the responding employees nearby 'what's happened to me' then he died. He was to be married in two months.

There we were OSHA federal investigators and I facing off on the floor as to who was to talk to the fork lift operator first.

Arrogant bastards...we agreed I would be given initial time with him alone.

Five minutes later they came through the door, demanding to take over and wanting to appropriate my company issued tape recorder that was on the table.

I won't go into what happened next. But all they got from the forklift operator _who was shaking like a leaf...was "I won't say a word without a lawyer present...and now I want to go to the hospital because I feel sick...please call an ambulance"

F@@@$$ them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:35 am 

:x

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:30 pm 

A good refresher...

http://www.pringlelaw.ca/speaking-with-police#

Some people will speak with the police assuming that they are simply a witness providing information about some event they were somehow connected to, but end up saying something that causes the police to think they may be guilty as an “aider or abettor,” or an “accessory after the fact.”

In my investigations I did come across some real smart people who, when asked by the police or myself to provide a witness statement, would state they would cooperate but first needed to talk to their lawyer.

One of the pitfalls in giving multiple statements to any investigator...such as, for example, you witnessed a multiple car accident where there will be several investigators representing the different drivers or parties...

...is that by giving them individual statements...you run the risk that your given information might be interpreted to be different from one statement to the next, and you will be 'crucified' on the stand in cross examination.

Another way you can handle this, is to give someone a statement, then immediately request a copy of it, and keep it so that anyone else who will wish to interview you...

...you simply give him a copy of your original statement and don't allow to be questioned.

Also remember that in any serious problem you might have been part of...don't ever talk about what happened in detail, to friends and even family...because what you told them soon after an incident is an exception to the hearsay rule, and those people can be made to testify as to what you told them.

This is because of the res gestae legal doctrine.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictiona ... Res+Gestae

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:39 am 

Quote:
there's a right way and a wrong way to use your gun to fight...

If you're seriously all out of ammo, you're basically carrying a big paperweight... so strike with your weapon any way you want.

But, if it's only a jam or you need to fight to gain space to reload...

Don't hit with the bottom of the grip. This is basically the magazine's floor plate and this can damage your pistol and render your magazine useless once you want to put it into action.

Maintain line-of-fire discipline. Swinging your weapon all over the place - combined with hand-tightening on impact - could discharge a round. If it does, you want to control where it goes.

Strike with the muzzle. Think "karate punch". Pull your gun hand back to your waist while pushing your off-arm out toward his face. This opens him up for you to "punch" with the muzzle of your gun to the side of the head, neck, or groin.

Keep you finger off the trigger though... if the gun twists on impact, you could break your main trigger finger.

This is a good drill to practice with a plastic training weapon (like an bluegun or an airsoft gun) and a padded buddy.

Don't get so comfortable with your weapon that you don't think you'll need anything more than a bullet to stop an attacker.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:41 am 

Nice Van , you should talk to Laird about his use of sanchin as a platform for tactical shooting !!!

good principles rarely go out of style !!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:16 am 

Hi Marcus,

Yes, I recall Laird discussing the Sanchin stance as a shooting platform once.

At LFI I studied both the isosceles and the weaver stances...the weaver was more of a stable platform similar to sanchin for more accurate fire, but the isosceles, a triangle with two equal side, was found to be more instinctive to get into under stress...also leading to shoot and move with more speed and accuracy.

The Weaver tends to leave the shooter on the X a lot longer.