FIRE

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Allen M.

FIRE

Post by Allen M. »

Anthony told me his house burned down yesterday and they lost everything.

No mention of anyone being hurt.

Please email him.

------------------
Allen - [email]uechi@ici.net">uechi@ici.net</A> - <A HREF="http://www.uechi-ryu.org[/email]
Dakkon

FIRE

Post by Dakkon »

More then glad to help.
Sorry to here this.
Scott Danziger

FIRE

Post by Scott Danziger »

Anthony,

Since I only heard of it on your last email, in case you didn't get my reply: Glad everybody is all right. If I can help let me know.

Scott
Lori

FIRE

Post by Lori »

Tony-san,

Sorry to hear what happened - glad you are all ok!

Please call if I can help with anything.

-Lori
gmattson
Site Admin

FIRE

Post by gmattson »

Tony and I have been in touch since the fire. He seems to be weathering the storm ok, but the loss must be devastating.

Tony is a tough Uechi fighter and will bounce back. Hopefully he will be back on-line soon.

------------------
GEM
Lori

FIRE

Post by Lori »

Hey Tony -

That's terrible! I hope everything is covered by insurance!

I'll be at work until 4:30 tomorrow - if you're not working through this and will be at home - let me know. Also if there's anything I can help with. You and the family are welcome at my house if you need digs when the neighbors move - same goes for computer access or anything else.

You know how to reach me.

Best of luck,
Lori
Van Canna

FIRE

Post by Van Canna »

Tony,

That is awful! What the hell caused the fire?

Glad you and Susie are Ok.

If I can help let me know!

Do you have enough insurance coverage?

------------------
Van Canna
Jackie Olsen

FIRE

Post by Jackie Olsen »

Tony-chan

So very sorry to hear about your losses, but I am glad everyone is ok. Anything I can do to help ... please let me know.

Your friend,

Jackie
Van Canna

FIRE

Post by Van Canna »

Tony,

The first thing you want to do is to retain a public adjuster [PA] to represent you and Susie against the insurance company!

The PA represents the insured as opposed to the insurance company! They take a small percentage of the total settlement but usually get you more money and present a better argument for coverage!

You may be out of luck for your personal property because the policy does exclude property of roomers and boarders not related to the insured! You do not qualify as an insured under the policy as you are not a spouse, a relative, or a person under 21 under the care of the insured!

If you were added as an insured, then you must work this out through the insurance agent! If you have proof you notified him of this request to be put on as an additional insured and you were told it was taken care of [assuming that it was acceptable to the insurance company] but it was not, then you may hold the agent responsible!

Another alternative is to sue the contractor and or the manufacturer of the involved product and its component parts, but you may run into a “statute of repose” defense by the contractor and expensive litigation costs to prove a manufacturing defect or failure to warn!

It all depends what “damages” you have! I would think you would not have enough to withstand the hassles and expense of a lawsuit!

You may want to check this out with a PA, they are up against these things everyday; might have new ideas!

Sorry for your plight!

------------------
Van Canna
Dakkon

FIRE

Post by Dakkon »

Tony,
I can't belive you will not be going to camp?
Thats all you have talked about for months and months. I know this is a tough loss but your are a tougher man than that. Camp may be what you need to get going again.
The other stuff is all bulls&*t and will work it self out.
Take care and hope to see you at work soon

Chuck
Dakkon

FIRE

Post by Dakkon »

Hey Everyone,
Tony had me scan some Pics of the fire and the aftermath.
They don't show the whole picture!
There is no way they can, they only show the flames and remains not the memories and pain.
Have a good day and remember "Don't take anything for granted, it can <U>ALL be gone in a instant</u>."
Regards.
Chuck M.

[This message has been edited by Dakkon (edited 08-01-99).]
Van Canna

FIRE

Post by Van Canna »

Pretty sad Tony!

I have so many pleasant memories of your hospitality, cappuccinos, working out in your garage and dinner and talks!

No sense quarreling with fate! It certainly puts life in a clear perspective as to what is important and what is not!

It will be a long way back,but you will make it! Best to you and Susie!

------------------
Van Canna
Allen M.

FIRE

Post by Allen M. »

The pictures are very sad Dakkon. You are right, your whole life and what you know of it can be gone in less than an instant.

Tony, Chong and I also wish you the best, and we hope we can meet you down the road. You have a courageous attitude and tough fighting spirit. Sometimes it takes all you've got to go forward, but persistance will help you win.

------------------
Allen - [email]uechi@ici.net">uechi@ici.net</A> - <A HREF="http://www.uechi-ryu.org[/email]
JOHN THURSTON

FIRE

Post by JOHN THURSTON »

Anthony San:

I am not a regular denizen of your forum, but was crushed to learn of your troubles and to miss meeting you.

E-Mail if I can assist.

JOHN THURSTON

------------------
david

FIRE

Post by david »

Tony, didn't hear about your situation til I got to camp. Best wishes. You'll bounce back, of this I'm sure.

david

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”