Sex, Lies & Videotape

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

Lori

Sex, Lies & Videotape

Post by Lori »

SEX LIES AND VIDEOTAPES
Date: 11 Sep 1998
Time: 21:52:25
Remote Name: 207.180.40.66

Comments
The Europeans usually ridicule the American views on these matters !

They see this powerful life force, always seemingly in control , being more evident , it appears, in persons of strong character and active emotions ! Thus 'the force' is seen not as much as sex for the sake of it , but more as deep sensuality as manifested through intellectualized passion taking many forms in far reaching desires !

The vexing problem is that the sentiment of sensuality and then principle , are often mistaken for each other and condemned by shallow minds !

In discussions over ' cappuccino ' in the ' cafe - bars ' of Venice Italy -once ; some friends said that the secret is to do as the Victorians did ,i.e., " Pretend that sex does not exist " as a person who undervalues life's passions , " will soon need humanizing" ! It is not as much as the force --as the style of the force !

Live Life ,

Van Canna
Lori

Sex, Lies & Videotape

Post by Lori »

Re: SEX LIES AND VIDEOTAPES
Date: 13 Sep 1998
Time: 14:23:33
Remote Name: 207.180.40.37

Comments
As I said in the post above , It is not so much as the ‘force’ , as the style of the force !

Yesterday , at the barbecue/ birthday party for Mattson sensei , the subject ‘ came up ‘ with a few of sensei’s sophisticated European male and female students in attendance ! The prevailing view is that , we as Americans , are so provincial in the ‘handling’ of this life force with the ‘ ridiculous ‘ blending into the ‘ sublime’ ! I received a call late last night from a northern European friend who delighted in telling me that, in the face of the ‘Monica --papers’ The Americans are the ‘butt-joke’ of the world …immature and obsessed and totally unsophisticated in the matters of ‘A man and a woman ‘ !

As the French said in today’s papers ‘ When Clinton is done , let him come to France’ ! The rest can go back to self flagellation and flamboyant stupidity in mind games of ‘Russian roulette’ !

Van Canna
Lori

Sex, Lies & Videotape

Post by Lori »

Date: 12 Sep 1998
Time: 15:58:30
Remote Name: 216.41.31.48

Comments
Van,

Yeah. Right. Pretend sex doesn't exist. I think only Eunuchs can do that.

Allen
Lori

Sex, Lies & Videotape

Post by Lori »

Date: 11 Sep 1998
Time: 23:09:48
Remote Name: 128.95.242.73

Comments
I will have to get my sibling to provide the proper reference, but I believe a Victorian Lady--spouse of a Lord--spake thusly:

"I do not care what they do with each other provided they do not do it on the streets and frighten the horses."

--J.D.
Lori

Sex, Lies & Videotape

Post by Lori »

Time: 03:54:04
Remote Name: 209.86.5.90

Comments
So that's why there are no horses in Washington DC anymore!

Sigh.
Lori

Sex, Lies & Videotape

Post by Lori »

Time: 19:59:39
Remote Name: 152.163.204.181

Comments
Wrong!! There's one left. Goes by the name of Bubba.

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”