Christmastime muse

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

Lori

Christmastime muse

Post by Lori »

This has nothing to do with martial arts - or with women in particular...

So - the season is in full swing - Christmas parties, school pageants - special recitals - Christmas concerts - charity drives - lights everywhere - commercials billboards flyers sale signs - fake snow on the windows (Florida, remember?) - cardboard snowmen in the yards - plastic santa claus' on the roof - wooden reindeer supposedly eating the grass - the Smith's and the Jones' trying to outdo each other for the gaudiest decorations - Hmmm, perhaps I'm sounding like a scrooge! Well, tonight I DID see a Christmas decoration that I really liked! It actually made me laugh! (Quite unlike the urge to kick the #$%^% out of the stupid jingle bell croaking frog that goes off everytime someone enters the drugstore!) So what was this decoration that inspired my lagging and cynical Christmas spirit? The marquis outside a wonderful Danish bakery (devoid of fake snow and other frippery I might add!) The marquis said simply:

Bah Humbug!

Merry Christmas and Happy Hannukah!
Lori
Van Canna

Christmastime muse

Post by Van Canna »

lori, chan ,

"(Quite
unlike the urge to kick the #$%^% out of the stupid jingle bell
croaking frog that goes off everytime someone enters the
drugstore!) " ???

My-my what temper !! But I love your amazonian mindset>>> very effective at preempting the would be histrionics of the "lotus eaters" on cruise control>>looking for a safe > soft spot to land their whimpers !

The best way to execute a sokusen to the throath is to first knock them down to their knees and then fire it in as they try to get back up ! How high is that "stupid frog" off the ground??

Smile >> Merry Christmas ,

Van Canna

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”