A Site on Joan of Arc

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

Hugh

A Site on Joan of Arc

Post by Hugh »

For those interested in the Maid of Orleans, here is a site devoted to her that I lokked at and found interesting. I have not checked it out in detail, but it seemed pretty good.
http://www.stjoan-center.com/

------------------
Walk in the Light, Hugh
hughf_us@yahoo.com
Lori

A Site on Joan of Arc

Post by Lori »

Hugh-san,

Thanks for posting the link! Women of note and martial prowess are always of interest on this page... I welcome your contributions.

This site about Joan d'Arc has it's purpose well founded in the religious implications - but the history is pretty good. For anyone with interest or information on this subject, please feel free to continue this thread. I for one would like to know more about Joan's training - especially with the weapons. From what I gather she was of slight build - and swords and armor are not exactly built for women... yet her use of them is well-documented. Her exploits and successes are written about extensively - but I'd really like to know more about how she trained. I doubt she just picked up the sword one day and used it - although anything is possible I suppose! The history does seem to point to a period in which training could have been taking place. Any information appreciated.

------------------
Lori
Forum Recommended/Reviewed Books
Hugh

A Site on Joan of Arc

Post by Hugh »

I am bringing this over from WizardNet, a bulletin Board on which I moderate a forum on Early Christianity that has morphed into a discussion of Christianity in general. I had posted about the site there and got this response.

Ken Cox
Member posted 12-26-2000 07:31 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The bibliography on that site does not include Samuel Clemen's PERSONAL RECOLLECTIONS OF JOAN OF ARC.
Many people do not know that Samuel Clemens, aka Mark Twain, considered his biography of Joan of Arc the true purpose of his own life.
Critics of the time could not accept a serious work from Samuel Clemens and so this important work has largely disappeared from public awareness.
I recommend it highly to everyone.

------------------
If we take care of the means the end will take care of itself.

------------------
Walk in the Light, Hugh
hughf_us@yahoo.com

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”