To be a question...

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

Lori

To be a question...

Post by Lori »

<blockquote>Nothing is equal to the power of a wordless question... a naked question mark whose primal energy is glowing within. The living question alone has the power, not to create this objective awareness, but rather to facilitate it by piercing through the wall of thought. Awaken to an awareness that is always here to be remembered. </blockquote>

So - can we quit thinking so much - quit analyzing - let our primal energy glow within?

Does that apply to your/our/my practice of the martial arts?

Can we pierce through the walls of thought we build all the time with so many words, politics, associations, philosophies, loyalties, training regimens, all in search of the answer?

Is the answer outside? Or inside?

Can you be your own question and find out?

------------------
Lori
Forum Recommended/Reviewed Books
Jackie Olsen

To be a question...

Post by Jackie Olsen »

The more I know, the harder it is to communicate WHAT I know. Some answers are better left silent, so that we may experience first hand from our inner teacher.

I hear ... I forget
I see ... I remember
I do ... I understand

------------------
In Beauty,

Jackie
Gilbert MacIntyre

To be a question...

Post by Gilbert MacIntyre »

?????????? ??? ????? ??????? ??????? ?? ?????? ??? ? ??? ? ???? ? ???? ? ??? ???? ????? ?????.

!!!!,but I digress. ???

???? ?? ?????????? ?? ???? ? ???? ? ?????? ? ??? ????? ? ??? ? >??>????....
Gilbert Image Happy New Year.
crazycat

To be a question...

Post by crazycat »

I was told to be in the center of the circle "the now" so that I may reach for the answers when needed... no need to look back no need to look foward. :rolleyes
Lori

To be a question...

Post by Lori »

Gilbert-san, Classic! Absolutely classic! ROTFL Image

Jackie-san, as usual, a well-placed and thoughtful contribution... I had heard that quote before - some of us teachers have that written inside our plan books...

Crazycat, I like your perspective! Now - are you doing that because you were "told" - or because you are listening to your own self-direction?

------------------
Lori
Forum Recommended/Reviewed Books
crazycat

To be a question...

Post by crazycat »

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lori:

Crazycat, I like your perspective! Now - are you doing that because you were "told" - or because you are listening to your own self-direction?

I say self-direction because as I have been pealing away the onion through my MA training and find self realization.

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”