Uechi-Ryu.com

Discussion Area
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:26 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2000 1:37 am 

Fortunately, Virginia remains an 'open carry' state so we may proudly sip from our large commuter mugs even when driving. However, the large metal Thermos are best kept concealed, lest they cause a public disruption. This practice does require a 'concealed coffee carry' permit which requires four hours of classroom training, hands on field practice, and an FBI and Health Dept. background check.

The 'National Coffee Association' is battling attempts by 'Coffee Control Inc.' to ban all types of coffee delivering devices, especially those that are hand held and can be carried concealed. Specifically, they want to eliminate the 'Saturday Morning Special' that is so easily available on the street.

David.... See what you started!

Rich

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2000 2:13 am 
David,

We must get a video of that thermos kata. When they ban hard thermoses and soft bladder ones become available, you can still wack 'em aside the head.

------------------
Allen, now at his new website ]http://www.ury2k.com/pulse/index.htm]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2000 1:12 pm 

Tangsoodo Coffee Kata:

Pinan Mocha

Uechi Coffee Sweetner Kata:

Saccorin (like Sanchin, get it? Okay, it's a little corny, but it works)

Anybody ever beat a bully in the face with a lunchbox? I did. This was back in the 70's when we used to have those metal lunchboxes with the cartoons on them. I also cracked a thermos over a bully's head in the fifth grade. Mom, rest her soul, was not mad at me for fighting back, but mad that she had to go out and buy another thermos. I don't think that kid picked on me after I cracked the thermos over his head. To make the situation even more ridiculous, we were going to a CATHOLIC school! You know the nuns had a major fit when they heard about what happened. And yet, he stil tried to pick on me a month later! Unfortunately, children do not always learn the FIRST time.

Ah, the found memories of boyhood.

All this coffee talk has made me want to go get a cup now!

Cecil

------------------
Email: <A HREF="mailto:creativebrother@yahoo.com">creativebrother@yahoo.com</A>
Web Page: http://creativebrother.freehosting.net

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2000 1:40 pm 
You do bring back 5th grade memories of Catholic school life. I was struggling to throw (now my best friend) out the window when sister came into the room. Those Sacred Heart nuns are something else in the discipline department, oh boy!

And I NEVER, EVER, let anyone ****** me into a fight, EXCEPT THIS UNFORTUNATE TIME. This little wise-ass MF, whom I couldn't stand his face, was asking me for it, and I pulled my right arm back (Exactly the same way you chamber for a sanchin thrust -- Sanchin chambers DO work...) to smash his face in, just as our beloved pastor was going to grab me me to stop me from fighting. The height of my elbow was EXACTLY the wrong height for father. I never knew he was there and felt so sorry after Image , and did my pennance for that one...

Needless to say, I did not have one single fight for the rest of that school year. Fact is, I spent most of the remainder of the school year doing extra written assignments in the rectory, scrubbing the floors in the church, and learning to become an altar boy. At an early age, the virtues of avoiding fights and the consequences of not avoiding them were demonstrated; dividends of such paid-off handsomely at a later age.

------------------
Allen, now at his new website ]http://www.ury2k.com/pulse/index.htm]

[This message has been edited by Allen M. (edited January 15, 2000).]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2000 11:30 pm 

We approach the time of hard decisions.

I received a private post from Juan Valdez Sensei, high in the Columbian mountain Fol Gar monastary. He is "inviting" us to join with the Fol Gar clan. There were hints of terrrible retribution should we decide to maintain our independence. He reminded me that the world is dependent upon the bean tended the Fol Gar novice monks in their first year of training. I think that he seeks nothing less than world domination of Thermo Do.

I told Valdez Sensei that our thermo-fu was as good as that of the Fol Gar clan and that we will remain true to the memory of O-Sensei DiMaggio.

Are you with me?

------------------
Beware of brute force.

David
Uechi Ryu West

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2000 1:55 am 
Looks like you bean picked, David.

------------------
Allen, now at his new website http://www.ury2k.com/pulse/index.htm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2000 12:54 pm 

No, David, No!

Would you believe the Smart choice would be alignment with the House of Maxwell?

Sigh. Mmoorre

C
aaffiene

S-s-student

[This message has been edited by student (edited January 16, 2000).]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2000 1:53 am 

It's started and is now getting pretty tense.

Had a call today from Sifu Pierre Thibadeaux, head monk of the Lu Tsien monastery in Louisiana. He's pretty upset that the discussion thus far hasn't included anything about Qi Qua Ri. As you may remember from earlier posts, Qi Qua Ri is the mysterious essense that is considered so important to the "internal" styles. Much as our Sanchin, Qi Qua Ri defines the very core of the Lu Tsien style.

I say that we have become too focused upon the expression of the thermos and have been lured away from the purity of practice of the way of stainless steel.

But wait, an image is forming -- I see the face of a great Capu Chin Na master. He's saying --- "Shut up and try some'o this!"
Think I'll go brew some up.

------------------
Beware of brute force.

David
Uechi Ryu West

[This message has been edited by David Elkins (edited January 16, 2000).]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2000 1:58 am 
Hey Cap! Good thing I only drink Ti!

------------------
Allen, now at his new website http://www.ury2k.com/pulse/index.htm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2000 11:02 pm 

I noticed the PR24 handle that you'd put on the cup!

------------------
Beware of brute force.

David
Uechi Ryu West

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2000 1:07 am 

I took an old 'Alladin' the range today. Alas, it was no match for 30-06 armor piercing ammo. My hopes of a suit of armor made up of them were dashed. I wonder if they make one shrouded in Kevlar?

Rich

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:34 pm 

Here we go again: gas prices are spiking and sales of hybrid are zooming. The economics of buying a hybrid—more demand than supply—also mean that popular models, like the Toyota Prius, will cost a bit more. Given these trends, it’s a great time to revisit our expert guide to maximizing mpg in a Toyota Prius—so that new and existing Prius owners can make the most of their hybrid investment.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:21 am 

If you need a weopon, take your shirt off.. Wrap it with some hard heavy objects(stones, hand tools, soap, whatever).. and start swinging... :lol: :lol: :lol:

SILENCE!!! I Kill You!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:32 pm 

Good weapon, Steve :D