Moving Experiences - Part 3

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Ahem....

Gentlemen:

When we accuse our debating opponent of an "unbalanced psyche" or demand that they use spell check, etcetera, we are stepping beyond the bounds of a discussion.

Thank you.

The Management
SiFu Rich Mooney

xcl

Post by SiFu Rich Mooney »

xcl
Last edited by SiFu Rich Mooney on Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Dear Sifu Mooney ,

You wrote :

"Perhaps if your kind would actually get up off your butts and actually do some training to gain any of these abilities, you would know the truth for yourselves, instead of harping on about it."

I must say I am a bit taken aback by such vitriolic dalliance , among other ‘sublime’ expressions by all players on this thread ! The lesson we should strive to learn is that when insult rears it’s ugly head , all reasonable minds shut down to meaningful exchange , reverting to primal grunting !

As I have said before, insult is the deadliest of sins especially when practiced in the southern Italian country side where it becomes a ’12 gauge Lupara shotgun ‘ with one barrel pointing to the target and the other to the ‘shooter’ ! Once fired , it germinates resentment and hatred and it fosters the deep and abiding need for revenge !

Sifu Mooney ..you disappoint me somewhat in your approach ..as I would have expected more class from you , considering your claimed powers , in dealing with adversarial flanking , which you should expect ..given the controversial nature of the subject matter ! Yet I can understand how you must feel by the somewhat fiery pelting ! I hope that your above comments are not inclusive of all who have responded to your thoughts !

I believe that the first rule of combat is to know ‘thine enemy’ , and make no mistake here ..you are engaged in a gunfight with words !

In the deep south of Italy I was brought up in a “ culture of honor “ imparting that no slight go unavenged ! Our DR X is a fencing as well as a strong martial system practitioner and I suspect he professes the same credo , alas …along the lines of intellectual violence !

I don’t mean to be offensive to you personally , but I find some of your pettiness aimed at a brain surgeon [ Dr. X ] and fellow practitioner a bit inelegant for a man of your powers !

All we really have done , in essence, is to ask for some proof under real life conditions , taking into account the altered mental states that accompany such things ! You will forgive me for this , but in my forensic investigations of confrontational violence and death , I am not easily impressed by “ demonstrations “ as they always lack a reality component !

I might add that it is not wise to outright offend some dedicated and extremely capable powerful style practitioners ! But if this was not your intention I retract these words !

If on the other hand if this is leading to A prearranged, formal combat between two persons, usually fought to settle a point of honor , I feel obliged to stand as a second at the side of Dr. X !

We look forward to your reply ,

Van Canna
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Gentlemen

I agree with much of what Van Canna has written.

On the other hand, Sifu Mooney is on foreign territory. He was an invited guest. While he should have manners, so should we. I believe J.D., someone I respect deeply, got off on the wrong foot given we had a guest in the house. Often it isn't enough just to be correct.

I've engaged in some e-mail exchange with Sifu Mooney. I've shared some of my own personal thoughts with him. I don't readily accept his claims, but I did manage a dialogue. He is not gifted in math and the sciences, but then neither was the woman who created some of the first effective treatment for victims of polio. And neither was a host of individuals who brought the field of mathematical chaos to the forefront.

I was very lucky in my scientific training. Very few students and faculty in my department had English as a first language. I was always translating even when folks were speaking "English" to me. But the truth underneath the language remained.

I don't know what the "perfect" way is to approach bold new claims. Sifu Mooney was not a master at presenting it to a forum with a few hostile parties (believe me there are quiet ones out there eating up every word...I can name names). But I keep thinking of the latin phrase finis origine pendet (sp??). The end depends on the beginning. If our end is to blow the chaffe away and see if wheat kernels remain, then perhaps we shouldn't start with a hurricane.

It would be nice if Sifu Mooney posted more. I doubt he will right now. However he will make it to camp in 1999. Everyone will get a chance to meet him if they come. I don't know if all will be satisfied with the venue for his demonstrations, but we should probably start now if we want to have things come out the way we would like in 1999.

Thanks for allowing the sermon.

Bill
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

In fairness to Mr. Mooney, I haven't read in any of his posts, that he would not submit to a "test". On the other hand, he didn't agree to one either. I believe we should continue the discussion about a test, negotiating conditions acceptable to Mr. Mooney. Simply having him perform "demonstrations" might be entertaining, but won't answer any real questions that I have about what he is doing.
PtahHotep

Post by PtahHotep »

Dear Sifu Mooney,

Not knowing your email or real life address
I will say it here:
I'm extremely grateful for passing on at least some of your healing powers/techniques to me, also on behalf on the people I have treated and given lasting relief from their illnesses and other problems, thank you.
(I felt at least one positive post was needed here)

Anton de Vries
ptah@perankh.demon.nl
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Anton

Thanks for your dignified post.

Bill
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

Sounds fair to me!!! I hope Mr. Mooney will respond favorably to this test. We have lots of time to negotiate the nature of the test with Mr. Randi and Mr. Mooney.

I believe we understand the nature of what Mr. Mooney is doing and quite frankly, I think there is a strong possibility that we can set up a fair and impartial test, under conditions acceptable to both parties.

Having felt this "power" myself as a "healing" therapy with Steve Benson, perhaps we can have a couple of individuals who will try to win the money!

How about it Mr. Mooney? I for one, would like to see you accept this challenge on behalf of those of us who believe in this energy force. The question of whether you or other challengers are able to project sufficient and measurable energy is the $1,000,000 question!

Regards,
George Mattson

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”