Jr. Shodan Exam in Richmond

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

Bill Glasheen sent me a video of Richman's first Jr. Shodan examination, held on December 2, 1998. Bill sent it to me as a courtesy, as he knows that I trust his judgement in any test conducted by him.

I was most impressed with Amir Abu Jaber's performance. He made a few minor technical mistakes, but most importantly, his attitude, dedication, spirit and knowledge were of the highest order. Congratulations to Mr. Jaber and to Bill.

Sincerely,
George E. Mattson

[This message has been edited by gmattson (edited 12-04-98).]
RACastanet

Post by RACastanet »

Mattson sensei: I'm very pleased to see this response. I've known Amir and his family for about 6 years since they became involved with Bill. The entire family deserves a Black Belt as well for the support they give Bill. There are two more young Abu-Jabers who will no doubt be testing for the same rank soon, plus a 16 year old friend of theirs.

By the way, I'm the person in the background that let out a loud 'wow' when Amir stood on his sokusens. Amir is one in a hundred, no, maybe one in a thousand.

Rich

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”