Mr.Randi's Test

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

gmattson
Site Admin

Mr.Randi's Test

Post by gmattson »

Susan just called me saying Randi was on Ch 4, doing his test! (For those who say I can't chew gum and rub my belly at the same time, I grabbed a tape, turned on the tv, pushed record while tuning it the channel. Whew... only missed the intoduction)

Somehow, after reading his letter to Rich, I expected a Hulk Hogan type. Surprised to learn he looked more like Mr. Rogers. Thought you might like to see some of the pics I pulled off, including Dr. Yuan (sp), who was being tested. The test was very simple. five people were seated in front of Dr. Yuan, each assigned a number. They described their health problems... everything from bad backs to Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. Five numbers were thrown in a hat. The five were blindfolded, after which Dr. Yuan pulled a number from the hat. Mr. Randi then explained to the five that Dr. Yuan would attempt to heal one of them. Dr. Yuan, seated about five feet from the group, began to wave his hands and concentrated on healing the person chosen. After less than 15 seconds he said he was finished.

Randi then asked the group to remove their masks and one by one, tell what they felt. Numbers 1,2 and 3 felt some relief. 4 & 5 did not. Dr. Yuan had selected number 4!

Interesting!

Scott Danziger

Mr.Randi's Test

Post by Scott Danziger »

I remember this guy on Johnny Carson quite a few times as the Amazing Randi. He used to show how fakes used to pull off their stunts. Rememeber the "healers" who made it appear that they were sticking their hands into people and pull out cancerous organ? (It looked quite gross) He demonstrated how that was done amongst other things. Haven't seen him around in a while. I wish I would have caught him on Extra.

Scott
Scott Danziger

Mr.Randi's Test

Post by Scott Danziger »

JD,

I remember, many moons ago, seeing Geller on the Old Tom Snyder show around the time of the old wars between Israel and it's neighbors. He was rubbing keys and bending them. Tom asked him "Why don't you bend Arab tanks?"

Scott

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”