Uechi-Ryu.com

Discussion Area
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Stomp or swing?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 12:09 pm 
Also in Kanshiwaw during this set of techniques is a 90 degree trunk movement. By trapping the outside of your opponents leg with the "inside" of your sokuto geri and lifting while performing the trunk movement (do a push-pull on their shoulders and twist them in the direciton of your sokuto geri or whatever you wanna call it), gives you a nice Judo throw. I don't know the name of it but it's a classic technique. Also, trapping the foot from the outside, and ripping with the trunk movement while their foot is trapped can break the ankle. In my opinion, emphasising the thrust of this movement limits it to a few techniques, if you work the mechanics of of lifting, throwing, drawing back in and even placing back down (with the foot twisted the whole time) and then polishing it, this technique takes on many dimensions. The key is.... that when you do KATA don't do BANKAI! When you do BANKAI, reflect on your KATA.

I have been taking Aiki Jitsu and am learning alot of stuff. the instructor gets into Judo tournaments so i'm learning alot of throws also. I am seeing (rather feeling) my Uechi Front Kick and Side Snaps kicks all the time being used in all kinds of sweeps, trips and throws. It's not just the forward motion that is used, the reverse motion is also used.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 12:18 pm 

Tony,

Alright, keep on exploring! Image

david

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 1:41 pm 
Hey David! You bet I will!

You should see my left hook man! you'd be proud!!!! Image